Looking for Advice on a new emtb for pulling heavy loads

faja99

Sep 13, 2023
portugal
I am looking for advice on an emtb for pulling a dedicated wagon (see below) loaded with 20+kg load of sports gear. It will be used primarily on rough dirt roads with limited vertical rise and drop. . No single track, just wide easy trails and dirt roads. Trips are maximum of 10km.
I am looking for advice for a emtb that can pull a solid load, is reliable, and can handle ocean climate/ lots of rain.
Full suspension, 29", crank motor, with strong battery.
Something like a Specialized Tero X 4.0
thanks for any other ideas.
Ps: the wagon is attached to bike via seat post (see below photo). So I don't need any on-the-fly seat post adjustment.
Cheers

reacha.fr

reacha SPORT

Ideal for transporting SUPs, wing foils, kite foils, windsurf boards, longboards, kayaks or fishing equipment.
reacha.fr

reacha.fr

I am looking for any advice on which bike/model to buy that can pull a solid load, is reliable, and can handle ocean climate and lots of rain, and does not break the wallet.
I am thinking: Full suspension, 29", crank motor with very strong battery.
thanks EMTB riders!
Colin

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I am looking for advice on an emtb for pulling a dedicated wagon (see below) loaded with 20+kg load of sports gear. It will be used primarily on rough dirt roads with limited vertical rise and drop. . No single track, just wide easy trails and dirt roads. Trips are maximum of 10km.
I am looking for advice for a emtb that can pull a solid load, is reliable, and can handle ocean climate/ lots of rain.
Full suspension, 29", crank motor, with strong battery.
Something like a Specialized Tero X 4.0
thanks for any other ideas.
Ps: the wagon is attached to bike via seat post (see below photo). So I don't need any on-the-fly seat post adjustment.
Cheers

reacha.fr

reacha SPORT

Ideal for transporting SUPs, wing foils, kite foils, windsurf boards, longboards, kayaks or fishing equipment.
reacha.fr

reacha.fr

I am looking for any advice on which bike/model to buy that can pull a solid load, is reliable, and can handle ocean climate and lots of rain, and does not break the wallet.
I am thinking: Full suspension, 29", crank motor with very strong battery.
thanks EMTB riders!
Colin
You have already named a good alternative except Tero X 6 is better/stronger. It's a huge difference between 50nm and 90nm

faja99

Sep 13, 2023
portugal
You have already named a good alternative except Tero X 6 is better/stronger. It's a huge difference between 50nm and 90nm
Hi. I need advice on buying a new 29" emtb in Europe for off-road use pulling heavy loads with wagon (loaded with 10 to 20kg sports gear) on rough, hilly, steep dirt roads with bumps, often wet (ocean climate).
It will be in fairly remote area, and nearby dealers are limited to Specialized, Scott, Mondraker, Merida, BH, Cube and possibly Santa Cruz.
I was thinking full-suspension because I need maximum traction when pulling load up slippery, muddy dirt road.
I would also use bike on paved roads, so would like to be able to lock suspension.
I will be pulling a dedicated off-road wagon which is attached to bike via a seat post grip (see below photo).
Thus, there is no need for a dropper post.
I don't need any bells and whistles, just a solid, reliable, powerful workhorse that can hanldle lots of mud and humidity.
Thanks in advance for any advice on what to buy.
Cheers,
Colin
reacha.fr

faja99

Sep 13, 2023
portugal
Tero x 6 is too expensive for my budget, and too many fancy bells and whistles, despite strong motor.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Tero x 6 is too expensive for my budget, and too many fancy bells and whistles, despite strong motor.
IMO it's not too fancy with too many bells and whistles but an top quality work hors who can do and carry whatever you want and with properly care will last for many years so in a long term view it's well wort the money and also take into account there's a LBS near you and Specialized is known for the best warranty and support worldwide.
50NM just can't manage the jobs you want it to do. Alternatively Tero 5.0 which basically is the same bike but an hardtail so if you can live without an full suspension that's a good choice. Anyway you have to try a bike before you buy so pop down to your LBS and give them a proper test.

You don't necessarily need a FS to get good traction power is way more important.
FS is just a tiny bit more comfortable.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
IMG_0016.jpeg
IMG_2307.jpeg
how about Turbo Levo Alloy vs Tero 6?
similar price.
Two different types of bikes but that's what I did. Bought a Tero 5.0 last year but sold it after 10 months because I missed the comfort of FS and I didn't like the look of X6.

If you have a dropper post you will never ride without it again.

3dp

Aug 26, 2020
Stalyvegas
I regular drag my 90kg body plus steel shop trailer (china.com) plus chainsaw and battery with a Gen 2 Levo for the firewood runs - ok trips are short 10km but when loaded it’s probably 180KG moving _ loaded run in turbo and the couple of small hills - no problem and chains are fine too

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I pulled a 2-kid Croozer for years.
Attached to a Rear Axle hook.
I can't imagine that seatpost attachment drives better.

faja99

Sep 13, 2023
portugal
I regular drag my 90kg body plus steel shop trailer (china.com) plus chainsaw and battery with a Gen 2 Levo for the firewood runs - ok trips are short 10km but when loaded it’s probably 180KG moving _ loaded run in turbo and the couple of small hills - no problem and chains are fine too
any photos or more info 3dp are very welcome. I am very intererested in your set up. cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles