Looking for a bike to haul myself and my hunting gear in the woods

Herpguy

Dec 31, 2023
CT
Hi everybody,

The past few years, I have been making do with using a Giant Escape 3 to haul myself and my gear to my hunting spots in the woods. Of course this bike is less than ideal and I often have to walk it up very steep inclines or through very technical sections. I’m always using my Ortlieb panniers, but occasionally I carry a burley bee trailer to carry extra things. I’m looking for a new bike to help make the experience much better, hopefully in the $3-4K range if I can.

My dad has a Biktrix Juggernaut for this purpose but I think that is way more than I need. I just need some extra “oomph” to get me where I need to go faster. I’m also only 140lbs.

I like the Specialized Tero X look but I am worried those skinny tires won’t work for what I go through.

Another stipulation is I’m looking for something reliable and/or something I can work on myself, as I’m pretty handy and I know motors break. I almost bought a bike with a Shimano E7000, but after everything I’ve read online about them I was very turned off by their reliability.

Help would be MUCH appreciated as I’ve already spent way too much time researching this.

Thanks in advance!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles