Looking at upgrading to Magura MT7 Pro's with 220mm rotors...

Jessiejames1108

Nov 3, 2020
Sonoma, Ca
Have the 29 Decoy and wondering if anybody has changed to larger than 200mm rotors? Being told by one sales guy I can with proper adaptor, the other guy says it might not fit and should go 220 front with 203 rear. YT service rep told me "testing had only been done with 200 rotors and while adaptors might work they cannot guarantee 220 will fit". Figured I would check here with the only credible "Decoy Experts" as we have either already done swaps with success or at least tried and know shit doesn't work! If you have put 220 up front & back what size adaptors were needed, if you have only gone to 203 or one and the other how does it feel from stock? I got the base model so it has code r currently. Thx for all your input and advice guys!

SteveSSS

Aug 14, 2019
Lancaster, UK
Have the 29 Decoy and wondering if anybody has changed to larger than 200mm rotors? Being told by one sales guy I can with proper adaptor, the other guy says it might not fit and should go 220 front with 203 rear. YT service rep told me "testing had only been done with 200 rotors and while adaptors might work they cannot guarantee 220 will fit". Figured I would check here with the only credible "Decoy Experts" as we have either already done swaps with success or at least tried and know shit doesn't work! If you have put 220 up front & back what size adaptors were needed, if you have only gone to 203 or one and the other how does it feel from stock? I got the base model so it has code r currently. Thx for all your input and advice guys!

I have Galfer 220 Rotors front and back on my 2019 CF Pro. They went on fine with a couple of shims. I used 40mm adapters from Galfer for the calipers but I think Magura do a QM47 (of the top of my head) that will work.
Brakes- I put on Magura MT 7's and they feel a lot better than the Codes, sharper and more powerful and not over braked even on the back. They are hard to bleed and mine need another go to get them bang on.

Jessiejames1108

Nov 3, 2020
Sonoma, Ca
I have Galfer 220 Rotors front and back on my 2019 CF Pro. They went on fine with a couple of shims. I used 40mm adapters from Galfer for the calipers but I think Magura do a QM47 (of the top of my head) that will work.
Brakes- I put on Magura MT 7's and they feel a lot better than the Codes, sharper and more powerful and not over braked even on the back. They are hard to bleed and mine need another go to get them bang on.
Thank for the reply! I'll ask the store I purchased from on Pinkbike about the Magura adaptor QM47, the guy at Dirt Merchant has been a pretty big help thus far. I ordered everything last night and it should ship in the next week or so. I've only upgraded the rear shock to DPX2 so far and among all the other things I want to do I wasn't sure if the brakes were high on my list. After a few close calls I decided to pull the trigger and just go for it. Can't wait to feel the difference.

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
I'm using a 40mm SRAM rotor adapter with a 220 mm rotor with my Codes on my Decoy it's exceptional. Thinking of upgrading the rear as well...

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I'm using a 40mm SRAM rotor adapter with a 220 mm rotor with my Codes on my Decoy it's exceptional. Thinking of upgrading the rear as well...
I have the Decoy Elite with mixed wheel set up and after installing a Shigura brake set-up (Shimano Saint levers and Magura MT7 calipers) using 220mm rotors front and rear on my new Yeti 160e made the same change to my Decoy. You will definitely notice the additional stopping power and be happy with the results. Magura uses thicker rotors and think Sram does too on their 220mm rotors. Make sure you bed those puppies in!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles