Sram 220 rotor?

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
Hello, thinking of getting 220 rotors for my decoy front and back. I was reading the Magura rotor are very good. Do you guys think make any difference over the sram ones? I wish to keep my CODE RS brakes...

Thanks

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I did the Sram with +40 adapter. Makes a huge difference
72277077-EC37-4673-8B47-27B7C5C3C4A5.jpeg

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD
Hello, thinking of getting 220 rotors for my decoy front and back. I was reading the Magura rotor are very good. Do you guys think make any difference over the sram ones? I wish to keep my CODE RS brakes...

Thanks

Mitch, I did 220 on front-only for starters and it's plenty of modulation for my style of riding (I don't have 3000ft decents anywhere). Much improved over the 200 Front. I'm 260 lbs w/ gear for reference. I'm saving my 200 for the rear when that needs replacing.

I used this adaptor: Avid/SRAM Disc 40mm Post-Mount Adaptor Disc Brake Adaptor UPC: 710845714450, but I needed to purchase some bolts from HomeDepot to make it all work just right. I forgot the length I ended up using.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA

Thanks
I have a Shigura brake set-up (Shimano Saint Levers and Magura MT7 calipers) with the Magura MDR-P 220mm rotors front and back on my new Yeti 160e and can personally attest its the best braking system I have had on ANY on the mtbs I have owned over a 30 year period. The Magura MDR-P are a little bit thicker than most brands brake rotors and would definitely recommend. Currently have the same Shigura set-up on my YT Decoy Elite with 203mm rotors and decided to upgrade to 220mm rotors based upon the stopping power and feel of the 220mm on my Yeti. All thr years I've been riding always had a small diameter rotor on rear brake and never really appreciated how a bigger diameter rotor in the rear would make such a difference! If you go the Shigura route, can give you some tips. My Spesh Levo S-Works had straight up Magura MT7 levers and calipers and it brakes awesome. I went Shigura because ao like the feel and action of the Shimano levers.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I have a Shigura brake set-up (Shimano Saint Levers and Magura MT7 calipers) with the Magura MDR-P 220mm rotors front and back on my new Yeti 160e and can personally attest its the best braking system I have had on ANY on the mtbs I have owned over a 30 year period. The Magura MDR-P are a little bit thicker than most brands brake rotors and would definitely recommend. Currently have the same Shigura set-up on my YT Decoy Elite with 203mm rotors and decided to upgrade to 220mm rotors based upon the stopping power and feel of the 220mm on my Yeti. All thr years I've been riding always had a small diameter rotor on rear brake and never really appreciated how a bigger diameter rotor in the rear would make such a difference! If you go the Shigura route, can give you some tips. My Spesh Levo S-Works had straight up Magura MT7 levers and calipers and it brakes awesome. I went Shigura because ao like the feel and action of the Shimano levers.

Screenshot_20211201-204709_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211201-204654_Gallery.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles