Long Travel Slack emtb's

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Yeah love the long travel ebikes. Put a 200mm boxxer on my Moterra and added a pick up link that increases the rear to 185mm. Love it. And yes Bosch is the way to go. 8000 ks on the motor now and still going as strong as ever. I do like the look of the Crestline and I see Blenki has been setting some hot strava times in the Redwoods on his. Well I presume he is riding a Crestline given they are his new bike sponsors

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I ran into some guys locally running Fox 40s on their Levos with the cascade long shock kit out back. Looked like a pretty killer set-up, they seemed to praise it.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
I ran into some guys locally running Fox 40s on their Levos with the cascade long shock kit out back. Looked like a pretty killer set-up, they seemed to praise it.
That would work pretty good I reckon. One of the big bonuses is getting a higher bb. Those super low bottom brackets are only of benefit in super smooth bermed flow tracks I reckon and a menace everywhere else

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
That would work pretty good I reckon. One of the big bonuses is getting a higher bb. Those super low bottom brackets are only of benefit in super smooth bermed flow tracks I reckon and a menace everywhere else

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
You’re telling me😂😂 I’ve banged the damn battery cover on all kinds of shit, I’m surprised it hasn’t broke yet….I’m terrible at choosing good lines, I just point and shoot.

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
Troydon told me depending on the build spec you could get it down to 50lbs with a 180mm Zeb. Which is pretty good.
I got my Voima down to 50.5 lbs with Zeb 190, with 29" front and back. Once you commit to Bosch CX Perf line, you will always have a heavier bike, but then again, what you get for that weight is worth the tradeoff. If you are considering a Voima, lean to the smaller size, as it will be more nimble and also give a slight weight advantage.

The other aspect is serviceability. You can go with more boutique bike companies that use it because Bosch's system is a closed system for software and hardware customization. Any warranty issues with the system can be handled directly by Bosch (in USA for me).

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I got my Voima down to 50.5 lbs with Zeb 190, with 29" front and back. Once you commit to Bosch CX Perf line, you will always have a heavier bike, but then again, what you get for that weight is worth the tradeoff. If you are considering a Voima, lean to the smaller size, as it will be more nimble and also give a slight weight advantage.

The other aspect is serviceability. You can go with more boutique bike companies that use it because Bosch's system is a closed system for software and hardware customization. Any warranty issues with the system can be handled directly by Bosch (in USA for me).

What wheels and tires are you using to get your build that light?

Feb 24, 2023
Santa Barbara
I know, I was going to grab a frame when he had some but there was some miscommunication and I missed out. Completely bummed about that but I'm not willing to pay what the going price is now for one.

I was really looking forward to getting one too 🙁
The frames are on the website for sale. What was the price when you wanted to get one right now they are 7500 for the frame which seems like a lot If it was 4k I’d buy one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles