Long Travel Slack emtb's

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Hello all. Currently have a trek rail which I really like. Looking for a longer travel more DH bike but would like the bosch motor. Something like the Specialized kenevo or canyon torque:eek:n. Any recommendations with bosch gen4 in them ?

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
pole volima
If your in the like it camp
Personally i cant stand the look of it as it is definitely a Marmite bike :)

But on a more serious note i would worry about the cost of warranty returns if it were to happen and need to be returned unless of course your local ish to them .

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Hello all. Currently have a trek rail which I really like. Looking for a longer travel more DH bike but would like the bosch motor. Something like the Specialized kenevo or canyon torque:eek:n. Any recommendations with bosch gen4 in them ?
Welcome Couchy, nice to see you here! 👍

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I doubt it. I have the e180 rs but a 2020 model rather than the latest but its my bike of choice if it is rough and steep.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I like that. Wonder what the weight is. My Voima at 200/190 is about 57lbs. Dual crown ohlins is a good 800grams over a SC. But who counts grams on a 57lb bike……

And yes it’s fugly and the rear end flexes too much side to side.
Troydon told me depending on the build spec you could get it down to 50lbs with a 180mm Zeb. Which is pretty good.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Pity Crestline can’t do frame only. Something to do with export duty on parts I believe

I know, I was going to grab a frame when he had some but there was some miscommunication and I missed out. Completely bummed about that but I'm not willing to pay what the going price is now for one.

I was really looking forward to getting one too 🙁

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
You can certainly fit 170mm forks to your Rail (5, 2022 I think?) and I think that 180's may also fit.

When I installed my Ohlins coil shock I deflated my 57.5mm air shock and measured the rear clearance. IIRC there was (just) enough clearance to increase shock stroke to maximum 65mm. Given the rear ratio of ~2.6 (?) this increase (of 7.5mm) would increase rear wheel travel by 7.5*2.6=19.5mm. In other words, about the same as the front 20mm increase in travel. I'm ignoring sag obviously. Personally I'm sticking with F160mm/R150mm because for me that works well all round although I might in the future raise the rear a little to increase BB height to reduce pedal strikes. Also, when I bought the ZEB Ultimate A2 160mm I knew the travel can be increased to 170, 180, or 190mm.

Edit: the Ohlins TTX22m.2 shock has 3x2.5mm spacers to reduce stroke from 65mm to 57.5mm so increasing stroke is very simple.

Last edited:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
New Focus Sam2? Do you have any link to the photos? I have seen a video from EMBN and there is a carbon frame in the back but I can't tell if it is the new Sam2.

No, my LBS had a brochure. It had the new Sam and Jam2. 750 battery on the bosch system with the top tube display. the Jam looked very similar to the new cube / orbea. It was only a quick look, but he thinks it will be announced soon. Looked good though!

Paris Doo

Jun 20, 2022
Greece
No, my LBS had a brochure. It had the new Sam and Jam2. 750 battery on the bosch system with the top tube display. the Jam looked very similar to the new cube / orbea. It was only a quick look, but he thinks it will be announced soon. Looked good though!
I have the current Sam2 and it is a great bike (I also got it for a great price) but I wonder about the new one (both looks & cost).

Roundbadge

Jan 9, 2022
Los Angeles
I ended up ordering a Crestline 7550 for March.
Extremely capable,downhill oriented, Bosch race motor.adjustable geo,travel and reach.
I know a couple folks who are switching over from ‘22 Kenevo’s.
I had a new Orbea wild on order(full 29’er,160/170 travel) but switched to the Crestline as it’s a more capable bike for me.and coming from a 22 Levo I prefer the Mullet option.
The next batch is in May and available for pre order.

jooles

Jan 23, 2020
South Wales
Get a 2021 or 2020 Kenevo with 4 year motor warranty…el cheap…around £4-£4.5k then spend on getting a Zeb 180/29 up front and shove a 29 in back or 27 if mullet is desired and bingo…best handling DH and all mountain bike out there with best warranty out there …

Proper BB height for a long travel 180/180 bike so no smashing cranks on tek climbs

Tankboy

Jun 23, 2022
Weymouth
Pole Vomia is the only real proper candidate - selling mine ATM with Fox 40's, its a well thought through DH bike you can easily ride all day, just fantastic on the rough stuff

IMG_1816.JPG

wakeboatdad

Aug 22, 2018
Ca
Hi, I was in the same boat. I had a trek, love the bosch motor, and wanted longer travel and slacker angles. I narrowed it down to the Scott Ransom eRide 920 and the new 2023 Orbea Wild. Both are great bikes, you can't go wrong with either. I ended up with the Scott Ransom eRide 920 due to the lower price and availability. You would be happy with either!

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Get a 2021 or 2020 Kenevo with 4 year motor warranty…el cheap…around £4-£4.5k then spend on getting a Zeb 180/29 up front and shove a 29 in back or 27 if mullet is desired and bingo…best handling DH and all mountain bike out there with best warranty out there …

Proper BB height for a long travel 180/180 bike so no smashing cranks on tek climbs
Does Specialized still offer a 4 year motor warranty? I used to have a 2020 Kenevo with a Fox Factory 29r 180mm but found it to be too heavy on the DH to be considered the best handling bike available. The Crestline looks good without having to upgrade a key components.

jooles

Jan 23, 2020
South Wales
Tbh mine is 23kg with 700wh battery and is superb…not a porker and lively on trail even compared to my 16kg Geometron
plus being lanky 500 reach on the CL is a bit short for me now I’m used to bikes that actually fit…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles