Levo Gen 2 Limp mode bypass for new firmware

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
While still riding and spinning press and hold walk, brake, stop, keep hold walk, release brake... off you walk full walk power.

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
While still riding and spinning press and hold walk, brake, stop, keep hold walk, release brake... off you walk full walk power.

Im guessing by doing this youre just letting the bike go through its 2 wheel revolutions it needs to then provide full walking power

I was with my friend the other weekend and if you lift the rear wheel, press the walk assist button and hold

let the rear wheel turn twice (which is slow)

you then get full power walk mode.......

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
In general yes, but since walk mode expect to feel just a bit of resistance slight brake pull might be reqired as per OPs suggestion.

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
Im guessing by doing this youre just letting the bike go through its 2 wheel revolutions it needs to then provide full walking power

I was with my friend the other weekend and if you lift the rear wheel, press the walk assist button and hold

let the rear wheel turn twice (which is slow)

you then get full power walk mode.......
yes, that must be it

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
In general yes, but since walk mode expect to feel just a bit of resistance slight brake pull might be reqired as per OPs suggestion.

Just tried the brake on mine while using walk assist, made no difference, it still needed to see 2 full revs of the back wheel before full power was given......

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I never said that you don't need 2 revolutions, you have to just slightly pull the brake so that you produce a bit of resistance and not breaking so much that you stop the wheel completely ...

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
Sorry, failing to see why you have to use the brake at all.... not being funny, I just don't get what you're trying to say 1?

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
AFAIK walk mode requires you have a bit of resistance on a rear wheel to engage. If you try to hold walk button while bike being on a workstand full power walk mode might never be engaged. So if you don't have any resistnace on a rear wheel you can make the resistance with slightly breaking ... I hope you see it now :ROFLMAO:

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
Just tried the brake on mine while using walk assist, made no difference, it still needed to see 2 full revs of the back wheel before full power was given......

Useful when you climb and come across high obstacle..., last few meter press walk and hold, keep spinning(2 complete revs), brake, keep pressing walk, get of the bike, release brake, off you walk full assist immediately

Bacalao

Oct 24, 2019
SoCal
While still riding and...

No disrespect but by definition I’m not “still riding” when I go to engage Walk.
I use Walk after a max effort on a very steep pitch or challenging technical section.
Maybe you could give an example of when I would need Walk while “still riding”. It might be something that I would want to add to my bag of tricks.
Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles