Lightcarbon LCES004 (Dengfu E10 alternative in USA)

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
The biggest problem now is that if the quantity is small, only aluminum alloy materials can be used. but In order to remove the battery conveniently, the cover plate needs to be plug-in, but it is difficult to insert both ends of the aluminum alloy. If plastic materials are used, a mold is needed, and the quotation given to me by the mold factory is relatively high, so we must stock up a lot of cover plates. We are trying other solutions.

We don't need a fully cover systems with fixations, the simply cover plate who can be adjusted to close the hole (initially build for other of your frame ?) will be enough for the majority of us i think, it's not absolutely necessary to have lips to manage water infiltration, we can do it with thick self-adhesive plastic plate. Alike done on my E10, that's working perfectely since 2 years. true building in alloy is not so difficult, it's just pity on a carbon frame. In add it's more heavy (to have strong).

Sandur-Rx

Sep 11, 2021
Holland
Someone should 3D scan the btf03 cover so someone could print it. It’s strong enough for the job I think. Fabricate the mounting yourself and you’re done. I have the plate but can’t scan or print it.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Someone should 3D scan the btf03 cover so someone could print it. It’s strong enough for the job I think. Fabricate the mounting yourself and you’re done. I have the plate but can’t scan or print it.
Ditto...no 3D scanner/printer.

But if you live in the US, you can borrow one off one of my two BT-F03s IF this can be done. AND you're willing to tutor me on the battery 21700 cell pack build from the scratch, plus the latch fabrication, and BMS troubleshooting for my second unbuilt frame. I've never made a cell pack before but I'm willing to learn for battery more independence and power from Bafang. Just PM me💪

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
now have the frame fit for Bafang M620 motor (750W/1000W), and battery BT F25(820wh), the buyer of DIY is more less now,
No thanks. Remember, I have two of your LCES 004 Enduro geometry frames and two M600 motor kits. The M600 has plenty of power. I also have M620 fat bike...it's too powerful for the trails except in very low power modes. The M620 motor is very heavy making the bike 12 lbs more!

Most want LCSE004 Enduro frame on the M500/600. Lots of people want more battery capacity...the LCES004 frame can be upgraded by just simply producing a carbon cover (it doesn't need to be plastic or aluminun) as demonstrated by others on this forum.
If you want to sell more of this frame, isn't that cheapest option to maximize your company's profit?

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Here is a solution. We use 3D printing to solve the battery cover.

3D printing is fit for small quantity products with complex structure.. We will design a 3D printing data mold and share it with the people who need it. for the buyer whom purchased the frame, they can download this model, find the local 3D printing shop, choose the materials they love, print a same cover as BT F03, and seal it completely.

If the buyer who has not purchased the frame needs the cover, we can help print it, cost about USD $40-50 according the material, and then shipping with the carbon frame or wheel,

For buyers who have purchased the frame, we can also help print, but the freight is relatively expensive. It will not be cost-effective to transport only one cover.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Jim lee (thank to it) propose to build battery cover alike OEM bafang BTF03. This one have 4 extrusion to fix it on battery.
1650529792342.png

Personally i will not use this 4 extrusion and i will prefer 2 holes on each cover extremity, positionned 1,5 cm under the extremity and at 2.5 cm on each side of the center of the cover. I think that everybody who need this cover to close the frame need more or less the same ? It is not difficult to modified the 3D file and print the cover with these modifications (in add more easy and quick to print without the 4 extrusions). The only problems is that everybody be agred, because lightcarbon could not print specific cover for each customers.

Say here if you agree (or propose other holes positioning)

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Does somebody who have the LCES004 or the LCES1075 lightcarbon frame is able to modified the 3Dfile if lightcarbon share the BTF03 cover 3D file ? to adapt it at the battery hole and position the holes to fix it.

Sandur-Rx

Sep 11, 2021
Holland
The same voltage can be used. BT F25 requires 48V, while M500 has 38 / 43 / 48V options and M600 has 43 / 48V options. If your M500 / M600 is 48V, it can fit for BT F25

Ok I have LCES004 with m600 48v. Does the bt f25 battery fit the LCES004 frame? And can you supply it? If yes, please let me know what it would cost.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
This is my proposal for the BTF03 cover modification for homemade battery. I have not the frame currently, for those who have one, does the fixations holes are whell positioned ? it is better if i position it after the reinforcement ?

3Dmodel.step file is attached if somebody want to modified it (replace .pdf by .STEP)
remember, lightcarbon can propose only one model of cover. If modifications needed on this cover, said it before validation

thanks to captainhightop and RFN_31 (3Dprinter forum) for they help

1650622048999.png

Attachments

• Cover BTF03base_modifié2.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 190

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
This is my proposal for the BTF03 cover modification for homemade battery. I have not the frame currently, for those who have one, does the fixations holes are whell positioned ? it is better if i position it after the reinforcement ?

3Dmodel.step file is attached if somebody want to modified it (replace .pdf by .STEP)
remember, lightcarbon can propose only one model of cover. If modifications needed on this cover, said it before validation

View attachment 86546
Maybe PM KarokKaing on this thread to get his opinion?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Maybe PM KarokKaing on this thread to get his opinion?
KaroKönig builds themself the most beautiful covers in the univers 🤩. It is not concerned by purchase other cover.

It have not the BTF03 => it can't know if it is perfectly adapted to the lightcarbone frames or if it need some modification.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
KaroKönig builds themself the most beautiful covers in the univers 🤩. It is not concerned by purchase other cover.

It have not the BTF03 => it can't know if it is perfectly adapted to the lightcarbone frames or if it need some modification.
I looked at KaroKonig's cover. I have the frame but I can't estimate if the your proposed cover holes are correct.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I looked at KaroKonig's cover. I have the frame but I can't estimate if the your proposed cover holes are correct.

same for me, I don't even have the frame. i have sent the file to jim lee (with some modifications) to request one with my frame, not really a problem for me if i need to modified it, but i hope it is satisfy the others purchaser (if any)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
same for me, I don't even have the frame. i have sent the file to jim lee (with some modifications) to request one with my frame, not really a problem for me if i need to modified it, but i hope it is satisfy the others purchaser (if any)
Good effort!💪

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Keep us updated on your progress when you get your frame. Take lots of pics when you're ready to build your battery and latch mechanism.🍻

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy

View attachment 86546
I post the 3D model of full empty battery box, BT F03, anyone want the empty box can download it, or only the cover.

Last edited:

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
and, is there anyone have the 3D model of bosch motor ( bosch performance cx size).
A customer wants to install Bosch motor on our framework adapted to Bafang M600 motor, but he can't give me detailed data like the M600 on picture,
Are there any DIY masters who have made similar attempts? Install Bosch motor on Bafang frame?
LCES004 (5).JPG

ArtInvent

Apr 13, 2022
CommercE42
STEP files - surprisingly not easy to import to Blender. Can anyone supply a model of the cover plate in OBJ, STL, or DAE format? Or .blend for that matter.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Sorry,
I had only now seen that the LCES 004 thread continues here. Unfortunately, I can't say anything about 3D printing, I don't know enough about it. But I can show you a few more detailed photos of my mechanism if that helps 🤷‍♂️
Yes that would likely be helpful.

✅How latch works,
✅How keyhole charging port is mounted,
✅ fixing mount of cover plate for opposite the latch-end.

Thanks in advance👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles