LightCarbon LCE971, VPP/DW, Bafang M510/M600/M560

streyer

Feb 27, 2020
Singapore
Hi Jim, any plans on this frame to fit a m820 for a super light series? This frame is really good and maybe a longer rear travel design.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
What is the differences with this frame and LCE39?
From what I have learned, please correct me if I am wrong:

The LCE971 has what is often called a more modern geometry. Slacker head tube angle, longer reach, shorter chainstay, etc.. This makes it better suited for more aggressive enduro/downhill riding.

The LCE39 has a taller stack and shorter reach which shifts your weight back a bit making it more suited for less aggressive trail riding and commuting. It also has a bigger battery which of course supports the geometry goals.

What kind of riding do you plan on doing?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
From what I have learned, please correct me if I am wrong:

The LCE971 has what is often called a more modern geometry. Slacker head tube angle, longer reach, shorter chainstay, etc.. This makes it better suited for more aggressive enduro/downhill riding.

The LCE39 has a taller stack and shorter reach which shifts your weight back a bit making it more suited for less aggressive trail riding and commuting. It also has a bigger battery which of course supports the geometry goals.

What kind of riding do you plan on doing?
This is what I was afraid of. Because I really liked the 39 feature to have cables come out before headset and not from the headset like 971.

I'm also bit worried about the 971 rearshock placement since the whole PPV suspension set up is totally new to me.

My main focus is enduro style riding for sure. Forest off road mostly. I live in an area with tons of hills but not really big enough for real DH (other than maybe one or two places). I don't care about asphalt riding at all so xc, enduro and little dh is my main focus for sure.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
What is the differences with this frame and LCE39?
Based on
This is what I was afraid of. Because I really liked the 39 feature to have cables come out before headset and not from the headset like 971.

I'm also bit worried about the 971 rearshock placement since the whole PPV suspension set up is totally new to me.

My main focus is enduro style riding for sure. Forest off road mostly. I live in an area with tons of hills but not really big enough for real DH (other than maybe one or two places). I don't care about asphalt riding at all so xc, enduro and little dh is my main focus for sure.
The headset cable routing is definitely a bit annoying. I feel good about the engineering, testing, and build quality of lightcarbon frames. If I didn't already have an emtb in this segment I would love to build an LCE971 to complement my SL LCE930.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Based on

The headset cable routing is definitely a bit annoying. I feel good about the engineering, testing, and build quality of lightcarbon frames. If I didn't already have an emtb in this segment I would love to build an LCE971 to complement my SL LCE930.
Do you have any experience with the VPP (=virtual pivot point) suspension system?

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I believe like the LCE930 this is to allow for the cable routing. The special headset narrows it so that it can take a traditional tapered fork.
Oohh! So the headset that comes with the frame takes 1 1/8" tapered fork? That explains a lot 😅 I was so confused...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles