Light recommendation for forest night riding

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Hi all can anyone recommend a good cheap light set up for night time single track riding.
I only want a cheap set up as I’m not doing lots of night riding and can’t justify spending loads on something I might use 20 times a year.
I’m not wanting to connect straight to the bike either
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I just bought one of these.
Bikehut 1600 Lumen Front Bike Light
with the mode selector remote (£5) BC diccount made it £50 for both
for exactly that use.
full power is 1600lm (enough for fast/technical DH) and will last about an hour or so but if you use the lower modes for climbing/slower/easier riding it'll last well over 2 hrs.

Paired with something cheap like a solarstorm X2 off ebay mounted to your helmet it would be the perfect cheap option for what you require (other Ebay lights are available)

Last edited:

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Nice one Gary I’ll check them out that’s exactly what I’m after.
Spot on review too very helpful

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Hi all can anyone recommend a good cheap light set up for night time single track riding.
I only want a cheap set up as I’m not doing lots of night riding and can’t justify spending loads on something I might use 20 times a year.
I’m not wanting to connect straight to the bike either
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Posted to another guy on here...buy some Cree lights on ebay, it will come up with loads they're the better leds. £30 a pop and insanely bright some claim 50,000 lumens which is nonsense but they are still like car headlights. But two one for helmet and one for bars, you get all battery packs too. They are a fraction of the cost of name brands...any other help give me a shout.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles