Levo Upgrade Carbon Raceface wheels and Vault hubs!!

E-Mike

Mar 8, 2019
Vista
Hi All,

My Levo Comp Carbon has been transformed by upgrading the wheels to RF arc Carbon wheels and I went with the new RF Vault j-hubs. The Levo has become so much faster and nimble that it is like eco is now trail and handling is so responsive that I was blown away!!! I added rimpact foam inserts to protect the carbon wheels. The Vault Hubs are a game changer because they have a 4' degree engagement whereas the rovals have 12'. This Vault hub 4' makes any mtb bike way quicker combine that with the Levo and get ready for an e-bike that is super responsive and supercharged!!

E-Mike

Mar 8, 2019
Vista
Hi All,

My Levo Comp Carbon has been transformed by upgrading the wheels to RF arc Carbon wheels and I went with the new RF Vault j-hubs. The Levo has become so much faster and nimble that it is like eco is now trail and handling is so responsive that I was blown away!!! I added rimpact foam inserts to protect the carbon wheels. The Vault Hubs are a game changer because they have a 4' degree engagement whereas the rovals have 12'. This Vault hub 4' makes any mtb bike way quicker combine that with the Levo and get ready for an e-bike that is super responsive and supercharged!!
B9B50DA7-9DF5-4AA0-A7EA-92318BB5516A.jpeg
D26D6D24-7A0B-4C45-A513-6B4F668D4FB7.jpeg
B9B50DA7-9DF5-4AA0-A7EA-92318BB5516A.jpeg

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Wow looks great and sounds like it’s a game changer! I just got my Expert yesterday so I’m gonna ride it as is for now but definitely sounds like I should work towards this upgrade. Roughly how much cash do I need to save up for that setup?

E-Mike

Mar 8, 2019
Vista
2k for the carbon arc wheels combined with the hubs. The rimpact foam inserts are $65.
You could not do the carbon rims and save $1300.

SwissDH

Mar 5, 2019
Switzerland
Congrats. I love those wheels. I m close to pulling the trigger on an Expert, and I think they are a great upgrade.

As a side, with such nice wheels, and I am not dismissing rimpact inserts as I have not examined them, but I think Cushcore is by far the best engineered inserts you can get right now of all those I have looked closely at. They are apparently a bit of a pain to install - though once you have done it once, apparently it is much easier. Also they are the only insert manufacturer offering test data and test lab results on their website.

Cushcore is designed to be primarily a way of improving the suspension performance, and a rim protector second. There is a reason it is so expensive vs many others, but as you have shown with you really nice wheelset choice, if you want the best, it may cost more.

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
2k for the carbon arc wheels combined with the hubs. The rimpact foam inserts are $65.
You could not do the carbon rims and save $1300.
Thanks. Do you think the carbon rims give it that nimble feeling/improved handling and the hubs increase speed performance?

E-Mike

Mar 8, 2019
Vista
Yes exactly. It really feels like a whole new high performance machine. The dampening of chatter is real and the handling is so much more responsive, with carbon wheels, the hubs + power and instant engagement, blew me away...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles