Levo Gen 3 2022 Turbo Levo with Chris King R45 hubs?

DBDH

Oct 14, 2019
UK
Hi all, just finished putting together a 2022 levo build. My wheelset is built on Chris King R45 hubs. It seems that the R45 hubs require a Shimano HB20 lockring:

The issue is that the levo speed sensor magnet for centerlock that comes with the bike requires this lockring that doesn't seem to fit the King Hubs.

Specialized provides this part with the frame:

Has anyone encountered this and figured out a work around? I can't believe I am the only one trying to run King hubs on a 2022 turbo levo! Thanks in advance.

Dave

Layon

Aug 9, 2021
Madrid
Hi all, just finished putting together a 2022 levo build. My wheelset is built on Chris King R45 hubs. It seems that the R45 hubs require a Shimano HB20 lockring:

The issue is that the levo speed sensor magnet for centerlock that comes with the bike requires this lockring that doesn't seem to fit the King Hubs.

Specialized provides this part with the frame:

Has anyone encountered this and figured out a work around? I can't believe I am the only one trying to run King hubs on a 2022 turbo levo! Thanks in advance.

Dave
Hi! Did you manage to solve the problem?? Same issue here...

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Here's what I did. I have I9 Hydras not Kings. I have Shimano Ice rotors with a mag on the rotor. I had a 180mm Ice rotor with a mag on my SL and it worked perfectly. But for some reason the 203mm Ice rotor with mag wouldn't work on my Gen 3 Levo. Bummer! I had to get it from Italy! Hard to find I guess. So I got the lock ring with a mag from Specialized. I put it on and it worked. So I took off the mag rotor and replaced it with a standard Ice rotor, it stopped working. I put the mag rotor back on and lined up the magnets. It worked! If I had to do it again I'd probably go 6 bolt. I looked into CL to 6 bolt adapters also. But most adapters limit rotor size to 160mm. I feel your pain, good luck.

gmehal

Oct 16, 2022
usa
The solution only requires a dremel tool and a large wrench. Simply grind out the teeth on the inside of the magnet adapter with the dremel tool. Then screw back on and use a large adjustable wrench to tighten lightly.

IMG_0140.jpeg IMG_0139.jpeg IMG_0135.jpeg IMG_0133.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles