levo turbo comp 2019 sensor issue

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
hi my levo packed in on a ride home yesterday , shortly after riding over a railway sleeper which i may have hit hard on the rear wheel , and through a small pool of mud,, i did give the bike a heavy hosing down the day before not sure if the 2 are connected,, has anybody else had the same problem .
see pic for error message

Screenshot_20210319-164251.jpg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Fairly easy to check the magnet in the rear disc and the pick up/sensor on the chainstay are in place and clean. Then take a look at the cable running from the pick up sensor as it exits the chainstay to ensure there is no damage there. After that it goes into the motor casing and is connected into the PCB to the motor with a plug...check connection is good and clean/dry.

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
Fairly easy to check the magnet in the rear disc and the pick up/sensor on the chainstay are in place and clean. Then take a look at the cable running from the pick up sensor as it exits the chainstay to ensure there is no damage there. After that it goes into the motor casing and is connected into the PCB to the motor with a plug...check connection is good and clean/dry.
hi, thanks for that,,
is it possible for the magnet/sensor to come off the chainstay, im not sure what im looking for , so i dont know if its missing , the 1 on the rotor is fine ,, i unhoused the motor yesterday it all looks fine in there.
steve

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The device on the chainstay is the sensor . It is possible it got a knock although more likely with a stick stuck between the wheel and chainstay than anything else. IT is attached to a cable that runs inside the chainstay and emerges just before the motor cover together with the hydraulic cable for the rear brake. Some people have had problems with those cable rubbing on the chainstay access hole so check there for any damage.

You say the motor packed in after going over a bump. Do you mean power was cut completely? What is its status now?

The reason I ask is that I do not have a great deal of faith in the MC diagnostics. The operation of the speed sensor is not part of the CAN ( Control Area Network) and if it malfunctions it should not therefore prevent the bike powering up. If faulty it would however prevent motor assistance. So if your bike is not powering up....or cut out completely when on the ride, your fault is elsewhere.

Out of interest, have you changed the main motor to battery cable since owning the bike?

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
after the slight bump going over the sleeper and through a small pool of mud about 15ft later theotor made a noise like a power drill running out of battery, i think the blue light stayed on but i had no asist .
When i got it home i looked on mission control, it showed nothing at 1st until after i pressed the walk asist which worked for a few seconds before making a the strange sound and stopped working. looked on mc again and it showed the fault pictured above.
no changes to the bike since i had it,, it is second hand though.
also i cant wheel the bike backwards.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you cannot wheel the bike backwards that infers the sprag bearing on the main drive wheel in the motor is not disengaging so it does unfortunately sound like you need to take the bike to a LBS for a check on the motor which probably needs changing.

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
hi, it was the sprag bearing , i sent the motor off to precision line bearings who have repaired and upgraded the motor, however after refitting it im getting power but still i have the red and blue light and mission control app is saying motor, sensor, magnet error.. could i have been double unlucky and the motor and sensor both broke at the same time? or is it something simple i have missed ??
please help, tia.

stevo66

Mar 20, 2021
st7
hi , i have replaced the sensor, had the motor upgraded and repaired, replaced the cable harness , and still getting the red and blue light.. please help, done me head in now

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles