Schwalbe tyre issue

Pikeman

Sep 6, 2018
Sussex, UK
Hi folks, an enjoying my Cube access bike. Have just found out from a friend that the tyres are a nightmare to release. Worried about punctures when in middle of nowhere. Knowledge please??
Keith

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Some are quite bad and I have had to learn to use my heel on one side and foot on the other and bounce on the wheel. It can take a bit of time. Might be worth using some grease or soap round the bead, but I have not tried it yet.

Pikeman

Sep 6, 2018
Sussex, UK
Some are quite bad and I have had to learn to use my heel on one side and foot on the other and bounce on the wheel. It can take a bit of time. Might be worth using some grease or soap round the bead, but I have not tried it yet.
Thats what i have heard, but what about getting the tyre re-seated. Just watched vid on you tube where the guy had to put 80psi in to get the tyre to pop back in to place. Can't do that with a mini hand pump.....so how do manufacturer expect it to be done????

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
Very easy to seat tubeless, nightmare to remove on the the trail. That was my experience with 27.5x2.8 Nobby Nics.

Last edited:

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Make sure you don't use gorrila tape. Although it seals well, it catches the bead of the tyre when you try to break the bead and it pulls it off.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
IME they do require a firm hand to get them off the rim but as said only need about 25-30 psi to reseat.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles