Hi, does anybody know if you can pair Specialized ANGi sensor with Mission Control App or do you have to use the Specialized Ride App as well?

Alser

Nov 4, 2020
TR5 0AZ
Hi, does anybody know if you can pair ANGi sensor with Mission Control App or do you have to use the Specialized Ride App as well?

mrg3.6

Nov 9, 2020
Hindhead, Surrey
Bizarre that Angi doesn't work with MC but having asked Specialized the same question, I got the following response

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding our apps Mission Control and Ride, apologies for the delayed response we've had large increases in contact since lockdown and have been working hard to keep up.

I believe these two apps have been developed and conceived by two different groups in our business but there is a long term plan to integrate all of our apps and digital support into one app but there are many hurdles to overcome to make this work in the ways that we would like to.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime I'm sure we'll get there in the end. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like our help on.

Many thanks,

Rider Care Rep
Specialized UK Ltd

bjmc

Dec 17, 2019
California
I have also discovered this problem. I recently purchased the ANGI sensor and set it up with the Specialized Ride app. I like the crash sensor and I particularly like that my phone will text my wife if ANGI senses a crash. The app will also send an email at the start and finish of the ride and include a map of my route. So far, it seems to work fine for what it does. However, there is no obvious way to have Mission Control recognize the ANGI sensor. So, one needs to have BOTH apps open if you want to access any of the MC features that are not available on the Ride app (which are many!).

Moreover, once I start a ride using the Ride app, it does not appear possible to start the same ride on MC. With the Ride app running, the MC app will not display any of the real time ride features - speed, time, distance, etc. So one is forced to go back and forth between the two apps depending on what features you want to access. I can't see how this is going to be acceptable to most riders.

For a company the size of Specialized, this seems like a major oversight. Perhaps I'm missing something here. Has anyone had a different experience?

mrg3.6

Nov 9, 2020
Hindhead, Surrey
For a company the size of Specialized, this seems like a major oversight. Perhaps I'm missing something here. Has anyone had a different experience?

Completely agree with your observations, the ANGI sensor works well in isolation with the Specialized App (which is crap) so I have given up using Mission Control (which is a shame) and rely on my Garmin 520 to record my ride.

I wouldn't have purchased an ANGI equipped helmet if I had known it was a 'standalone' system, however you wouldn't think it would be beyond the 'wit of man' never mind a large company like Specialized to correct this?

Martin

SwissChess

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
I got ANGi for my helmet since I'm regularly riding by myself. So before the ride, I check/tune my Kenevo if needed with MC and switch to Ride App. It's a pity as you will missing the Motor/Rider power ratio and all the electro support history. There is all the training/power information in the rider app online especially when you record it with Mission Control!

Here the input form @Specialized Rider Care
Specialized23. März 2021
Hi George, thanks for your feedback! Combining the Mission Control and Ride app features is something we're working on; however not likely to happen in the near future. In the meantime, you can dive deep on your Mission Control recorded rides on the following website www.ride.specialized.com

Last edited:

SwissChess

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
Here my 5c to a workaround
-you need to start both app.

Ride App
start your ride disable ride tracking (if you have a crash it still will send the racking and location) but not upload to Strava and the ride APP)
Mission Control
start you ride when finished upload strava and get additional ride information in the ride app which is interesting
It's not perfect, but it works for me until they are combined

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles