Levo Turbo 2019 - Android Pie (v9)

n0de

Jan 21, 2019
NZ
Hi All,

Last week my phone was working great with BLEvo and Mission Control, but this weekend it updated to Andriod 9 (Pie) and will no longer connect.

Both apps see the bike but refuse to connect after that - clearing the cache/reboot has no effect...

...does anyone else have this issue with Android Pie?

Phone is a OnePlus5 - shouldn't make a difference though?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi All,

Last week my phone was working great with BLEvo and Mission Control, but this weekend it updated to Andriod 9 (Pie) and will no longer connect.

Both apps see the bike but refuse to connect after that - clearing the cache/reboot has no effect...

...does anyone else have this issue with Android Pie?

Phone is a OnePlus5 - shouldn't make a difference though?

Not sure if you are speaking about the Levo 2019 but if so, maybe a complete bike reset helps?

1548626880712.png

n0de

Jan 21, 2019
NZ
Not sure if you are speaking about the Levo 2019 but if so, maybe a complete bike reset helps?

View attachment 10156
thanks for the reply - but the manual pages from above don't match the controls on the HT version, I tried the same reset but it didnt do anything.

I spoke to the specialized re-seller here and they pretty much had no idea what I was talking about.

hopefully someone at specialzed will attempt to 'keep up' with android releases and post a fix. :(

Geoff

Aug 21, 2018
Australia
There's probably been some change to the Bluetooth stack of the phone that requires the trust relationship between devices to be renewed.

My Nokia 8 just updated to Android Pie this week. I had some issues with the Bluetooth in the car that were fixed by un-pairing and re-pairing and thanks to this post have now just checked the bikes to find that my Kenevo (no code required) was still ok but my son's 2019 Levo FSR (Pairing code required) although it could be seen would not connect. As with the car un-pairing and re-pairing fixed the connection problem.

So far, so good, Mission Control seems to work just fine running on Pie. I would however like to see the back function button on the phone work with the Mission Control App. This would be one of the few apps that don't use it and forces you to use the soft-key.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles