Mission Control Mission Control 2.0 does not work/ work properly with Android 10

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Dear all,

my Samsung Note 10+ with Mission Control 2.0 cannot connect to my Specialized Kenevo (1. Gen ). Mission Control treis to connect, says not possible, tries again, etcetc. Doing 5 seconds later with my old Android 9 Samsung A8 mobile it is connected in a second.

Tried it about 10 times on different occasions. Only 1-2 times the Note 10+ connected without problems.

Kindly want to ask if someone has the same problems. looks as if Specialized do not care about customers with Levo/kenevo-bikes and Android 10 mobiles. Love my Specialized bikes but this bug is moderate performance of Specialized.

Thank you in advance
ProfGruen

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Check what is different between your devices in terms of bluetooth operation and battery saving. Bluetooth has several versions.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Check what is different between your devices in terms of bluetooth operation and battery saving. Bluetooth has several versions.

Thanks. Just checked bluetooth-menues on both mobiles - both the same and no option to change bluetooth operations - just on/off-

battery saving - setting "optimized" on both mobiles

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Check that other Bluetooth devices (Fitbit, Garmin etc) are not interfering with MC. I moved my bike far enough away from any other Bluetooth devices connecting with my phone and then both the old and new version of MC were stable. Since I want to wear my Fitbit, it seems I can’t use MC on a ride but my Garmin edge gives me all the info I need and records routes better than MC in any case

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Thanks. Just checked bluetooth-menues on both mobiles - both the same and no option to change bluetooth operations - just on/off-

battery saving - setting "optimized" on both mobiles
I would try removing battery optimisation.
Ps....no point blaming Spesh for the universal problems associated with bluetooth. Most significantly there is no international standards body for bluetooth.

profgruen

Aug 19, 2018
Austria
Sorry to say but: if i sell an ebike with an app for motor setting functionality than it would be fine to provide suitable support for my own software concerning the development of mobiles - if I use them as single access point for changes in motor settings!

I bike with Specialized bikes since 17 years, have owned many models. Also love my Kenevo.

We all know the pros and cons of Specialized.

However I also believe that it is not the bike but the Note 10+/Android 10. Otherwise it would not work with the A8 without problems.

Tested it with another Android 9 mobile in the meantime - no problems, immediately connecting - and another Note 10+/Abdroid 10 - same problems as with my Note 10+.

So, therefore I ask for other Levo Kenevo users with Android 10 mobiles if they face similar problems and if yes how they solved them.

Thans in advance

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles