Levo Gen 2 Levo Tire Options

akbud

Apr 4, 2021
alaska
I need the narrowest tire I can fit on the 30mm rim the 2022 Levo comes with. Although I can't even order the darn thing, I am planning on getting a 2022 and have asked my local shop to try to do so but I can't use the 2.6 tires it comes with and need 2.3 if at all possible. Can the 30mm internal width handle a 2.3 tire safely. There will be no jumping... If it's not possible I'll have to build up another set of wheels. My 'net searching has left me unsure...I realize I may not have this till next season but I'm trying to get my ducks in a row...

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Found some info on the US Maxxis website, e.g. here at the bottom: High Roller II | Maxxis Tires USA

1617913749526.png

So for that particular tyre you should be fine with 2.3 (but that was just a random tyre I picked there ... not sure if it's the same on all their tyres)

They also have Wide Trail (WT) versions of some tyres which are intended for wider rims but they are probably all 2.4+ anyway.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Looks like the same chart for all their tyres :) So you could just pick what you like if it's the right width!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I run the Spesh Eliminator in 2.3 as my summer tyre..........no problem. In fact the Levo was supplied in some markets with that tyre.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles