2020 Levo light options and quesions

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
It would be great to have a headlight in the Levo that uses on board power both for city riding and in case you get caught out in the dark in the backcountry, or if you do night riding.

There seems to be only one plug and play solution currently available from lupine:
Lupine headlight for e-bikes with Brose drives

as afar as I can tell it doesn’t requiring any soldering from a 2018 install here:
Lights for my Turbo Levo - Lupine SL Brose Installation - EMTB Forums
@Specialized Rider Care indicates,that it’s ok to use the lupine but it could throw Error codes, but indicates it’s ok to use so I assume that doesn’t void the warranty here:
Unused ports on 2.1 motor? - EMTB Forums

The advantage being I’m assuming is that you get a watertight plug and play solution. However it’s not cheap

Another alternative that’s cheaper would be to get a light that works for the Levo (amps & volts ) which is 12v and 2amps such as this one:
Nip 500 - Light & Motion

And the mag-s connector:
https://www.lupinenorthamerica.com/Light_cable_for_Lupine_SL_Brose_S_motors.asp

The challenge then is soldering. I assume the soldering would have to be done With the wires in the bike which is a little worrisome. One could solder waterproof 12 volt connectors but it would still have to be done after the cable is routed through the bike.

The 2nd challenge is snaking the wire through the frame without damaging anything - This is required for either solution. Wondering what I could use To do that?

if anyone has thoughts ideas on above It sharing them would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
It would be great to have a headlight in the Levo that uses on board power both for city riding and in case you get caught out in the dark in the backcountry, or if you do night riding.

There seems to be only one plug and play solution currently available from lupine:
Lupine headlight for e-bikes with Brose drives

as afar as I can tell it doesn’t requiring any soldering from a 2018 install here:
Lights for my Turbo Levo - Lupine SL Brose Installation - EMTB Forums
@Specialized Rider Care indicates,that it’s ok to use the lupine but it could throw Error codes, but indicates it’s ok to use so I assume that doesn’t void the warranty here:
Unused ports on 2.1 motor? - EMTB Forums

The advantage being I’m assuming is that you get a watertight plug and play solution. However it’s not cheap

Another alternative that’s cheaper would be to get a light that works for the Levo (amps & volts ) which is 12v and 2amps such as this one:
Nip 500 - Light & Motion

And the mag-s connector:
https://www.lupinenorthamerica.com/Light_cable_for_Lupine_SL_Brose_S_motors.asp

The challenge then is soldering. I assume the soldering would have to be done With the wires in the bike which is a little worrisome. One could solder waterproof 12 volt connectors but it would still have to be done after the cable is routed through the bike.

The 2nd challenge is snaking the wire through the frame without damaging anything - This is required for either solution. Wondering what I could use To do that?

if anyone has thoughts ideas on above It sharing them would be appreciated!
This is from a member on the forum, hope it helps

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles