Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I got them here. S-Works - kit adesivi telaio.
Yeah, they are stuck over the top of the black originals. When they arrived I found it better to cut the letters off individually and apply them one by one as it means they fit better. Not sure he does metallic blue though. Arrived in 5 days from Italy.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I got them here. S-Works - kit adesivi telaio.
Yeah, they are stuck over the top of the black originals. When they arrived I found it better to cut the letters off individually and apply them one by one as it means they fit better. Not sure he does metallic blue though. Arrived in 5 days from Italy.
Thanks - looks a bit more complicated than simply feeling them I have a Levo SL in size S4! I’ve just arrived in Majorca for the next 10 days… so I’ll have to get my ruler out when I get home.
Looks like they can do any colour… but I’ll ask about a metallic blue.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Thanks - looks a bit more complicated than simply feeling them I have a Levo SL in size S4! I’ve just arrived in Majorca for the next 10 days… so I’ll have to get my ruler out when I get home.
Looks like they can do any colour… but I’ll ask about a metallic blue.
Slik Graphics will have metallic blue, and they’ll already have the measurements so you won’t have to measure anything. I’ve ordered all my stickers from them, they even matched the almost impossible to match redwood smoke colour on my levo pro.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Anyone have any leads on a S3 frame in the UK? I’m being told that most shops won’t have more stock of frames until spring of 2024! If I didn’t hate the colours on the comp I’d buy one of those and part it out.

samwilk200

Oct 7, 2022
UK
Anyone have any leads on a S3 frame in the UK? I’m being told that most shops won’t have more stock of frames until spring of 2024! If I didn’t hate the colours on the comp I’d buy one of those and part it out.
Drop Spesh Rider Care a whatsapp +44 7401 091598 . They're very responsive and will be able to advise.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Drop Spesh Rider Care a whatsapp +44 7401 091598 . They're very responsive and will be able to advise.
They’re the ones that told me no more frames until next year. S1 is the only size they have left, the chap I spoke with said the UK didn’t get very many frames to begin with.

I’m thinking the KSL with the 1.2 motor will be here before the next shipment of LSL frames arrive. I may end going that route instead.

samwilk200

Oct 7, 2022
UK
They’re the ones that told me no more frames until next year. S1 is the only size they have left, the chap I spoke with said the UK didn’t get very many frames to begin with.

I’m thinking the KSL with the 1.2 motor will be here before the next shipment of LSL frames arrive. I may end going that route instead.
Yes, they told me similar, UK didnt get many and sold out pretty quick. Maybe more in 2024.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Slik Graphics will have metallic blue, and they’ll already have the measurements so you won’t have to measure anything. I’ve ordered all my stickers from them, they even matched the almost impossible to match redwood smoke colour on my levo pro.
I was intending to use Slik. Getting any response from their customer services is painful though.
Two emails sent and no response. I couldn’t find the frame decal on the site. Doesn’t help that nearly every S-Works bike has a different size logo, sometimes even size specific.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Float X on SL is leaking air and oil.

I'm done with Fox now, 1 seat post, 1 fork and 2 failed shocks in the past 6 months.

Anyone tried a different air shock on Gen2 SL?

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Yes, they told me similar, UK didnt get many and sold out pretty quick. Maybe more in 2024.
I found this out when my dealer was unable to order a frame just after launch, Specialized UK said no new frames until 2024. They advised me to find one from any dealer that had one in stock...

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey

I'm done with Fox now, 1 seat post, 1 fork and 2 failed shocks in the past 6 months.

That’s crap!!
The rockshox/Sid stuff on my SW Epic Evo has been immense. Maybe see what fits.
The Fox on my 21 Levo SL held up well. QC can’t be good enough though

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
That’s crap!!
The rockshox/Sid stuff on my SW Epic Evo has been immense. Maybe see what fits.
The Fox on my 21 Levo SL held up well. QC can’t be good enough though
All my RS stuff has been bulletproof. Funny how things change, I remember having the opposite problem back in the days when Fox stuff was more robust...

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

My Rockshox SuperDeluxe Ultimate (with MegNeg) is currently at J-Tech getting tuned for use with this bike.
Hopefully it’ll be returned by the time I get home from my hols, and then will be going on in place of the Fox. I’ve never been a fan of Fox shocks.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I was intending to use Slik. Getting any response from their customer services is painful though.
Two emails sent and no response. I couldn’t find the frame decal on the site. Doesn’t help that nearly every S-Works bike has a different size logo, sometimes even size specific.
I’ve used Slik with my Stumpy before, and had no issues. They must have some affiliation with Specialized, as it was Specialized direct that told me to get the decals from Slik.

Since I’m in no real hurry, I’ll ping them an email too.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
My Rockshox SuperDeluxe Ultimate (with MegNeg) is currently at J-Tech getting tuned for use with this bike.
Hopefully it’ll be returned by the time I get home from my hols, and then will be going on in place of the Fox. I’ve never been a fan of Fox shocks.
I need to find out what tune Specialized use on the SuperDeluxe on SL LTD.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Perfect - will send an email - thanks.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I need to find out what tune Specialized use on the SuperDeluxe on SL LTD.
J-Tech do it custom for your weight / riding etc.
I’ve had it booked in for about 6 weeks now… and I think it’s due to be done next week. They must be super busy!

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
IMG_0181.jpeg
I got my Comp Carbon yesterday. Unfortunately I just also go surgery for a broken clavicle from losing it full speed into the trees at Angel Fire.

Guess the bike will torture me next to my bed for the next few months.

I hope this s6 works out. It’s as long as my trek slash, but with a more mellow seat tube. I rode an s5 Levo they had built and that felt a bit short for me. I’m hoping a 35mm stem will sort me out.

I’ve got a EXT storia from my gen 1 SL I kept around that will make its way on here. Not sure where I’m gonna go with the fork.

I’ll probably get a carbon wheel set for it at some point but want to see if I like 27.5 or 29 better. Hopefully I can borrow the wheels off my FUEL EXe 9.8 before I sell it.

DomV

Jul 14, 2023
France
Anybody try to put 27.5 rear wheel on the longer chainstay position but with the high rear shox position, to see how the geometry is impacted? thanks

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Anybody try to put 27.5 rear wheel on the longer chainstay position but with the high rear shox position, to see how the geometry is impacted? thanks
The high shock position only gives you 5mm at the bottom bracket whereas the 29er position lowers your BB probably closer to 15 mm at the BB if you kept the 27.5" rear tire on.

So unfortunately that's going to make the sta pretty slack, BB pretty low, etc.

One work around is to run a 2.5 or 2.6 rear 27.5" tire to help lift it back up.

I was unable to see a path to a decent CS length combined with the 27.5" rear wheel and a BB that didn't bang the ground and even more slack sta, which is why I went a different path for my ebike than the Levo SL2.

GL

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
Around 6ft 1, but long arms and legs 👍 S5 felt tiny on the test ride.
I’m kind of in the same boat. I bought an s6 and I’m injured. I keep sitting on the bike thinking it feels very long, but the s5 SJ Evo and s5 Levo I test rode (s5 SL was still in a box) both felt short and they are actually longer than the s5 SL.

I’m still toying with the idea of swapping it out for the s5 they had. I feel like I need an S5.5 haha

I’m a smidge over 6’3 with pretty long torso and arms, but this bike is longer than anything I’ve owned. My Fuel EXe is 510 reach and it’s perfect.

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
Is anyone riding their bike with the flip chip in high and the head tube in the slack position?

I’m curious what type of HT angle this results in. Seems like it would give you a higher BB, steeper ST angle and a similar HT angle to the factory settings.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I’m kind of in the same boat. I bought an s6 and I’m injured. I keep sitting on the bike thinking it feels very long, but the s5 SJ Evo and s5 Levo I test rode (s5 SL was still in a box) both felt short and they are actually longer than the s5 SL.

I’m still toying with the idea of swapping it out for the s5 they had. I feel like I need an S5.5 haha

I’m a smidge over 6’3 with pretty long torso and arms, but this bike is longer than anything I’ve owned. My Fuel EXe is 510 reach and it’s perfect.

What you are experiencing here is the slack sta making the seated position on the SL longer than the equivalent sized SJEvo.

One of the problems with a slack sta is the inability to get reach appropriate while standing without ending up with this absurdly long seated ETT distance.

I'm only 5'11" for instance. But to have heavy feet & light hands while standing requires about a 505mm reach but when I sit I'll be way too spread out on a sta slacker than about 77', which is sort of my minimum to be comfortable both seated and standing.

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
What you are experiencing here is the slack sta making the seated position on the SL longer than the equivalent sized SJEvo.

One of the problems with a slack sta is the inability to get reach appropriate while standing without ending up with this absurdly long seated ETT distance.

I'm only 5'11" for instance. But to have heavy feet & light hands while standing requires about a 505mm reach but when I sit I'll be way too spread out on a sta slacker than about 77', which is sort of my minimum to be comfortable both seated and standing.
Yeah I understand that the ST angle is creating that very long ETT. I slide the seat forward in the rails a bit and that feels much better. I’ve got a 35mm stem that should delivered today. I am imagining these two things wills get the bike to the right fit.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I’m sure you’ll get you right fit. For me, at 6ft and average legs and arms the S4 is just about the best fitting bike stock bike I’ve owned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles