Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I am having trouble understanding why the chain length would be different. The chain goes from the chainwheel to the cassette, the distance between those should not change no matter what size wheel we install?
I rode the bike in both positions with a 27.5 wheel and a 29 wheel without changing the chain and had no issues what so ever.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
An S3 SW Levo SL available on the Specialized Uk website. White mountains colour too if anyone has been waiting.
S1 in the black

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Being super lazy and without the time to watch...how did he get the weight that low? silly xc build?
He didn't it came from Spesh. But things like integrated carbon/stem, light roval wheel, all changed to XT as it's lighter, the 3d printed spesh saddle.

He was then aiming to get it under 30lbs, but by ditching the main battery and running on extenders and I guess lighter tyres and so on. It actually had semi reasonable width tyres etc in it's Concept form.

Mondfuchs

Jun 24, 2019
Switzerland
IMG_3655.jpeg
IMG_3656.jpeg
IMG_3657.jpeg
IMG_3659.jpeg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Question - did anyone who got the T-Type get the bridge type clamp for the pod with the groupset?
I was expecting it to come with the groupset, but there’s just a standard bar clamp, and not the bridge clamp.

Looks like I’ll need to fork out about £60 for it 🙄

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
Good question and does anyone know of any online companies that will make these the right size that can ship to UK. The person I used before is unable to do them at the moment.
I’ve messaged Speedy Decal as they appear to do some decent stuff

Lloyders88

Jun 18, 2023
England
Good question and does anyone know of any online companies that will make these the right size that can ship to UK. The person I used before is unable to do them at the moment.
I have messaged nldesigns and it Seems they only do the decals in a single piece which is abit off putting.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I’ve just looked at that site. Seems pretty good with plenty of colours.
Please let me know when they reply and also confirm if it’s for the Gen 2.
I’ll also update on here when Speedy respond.

Lloyders88

Jun 18, 2023
England
I’ve just looked at that site. Seems pretty good with plenty of colours.
Please let me know when they reply and also confirm if it’s for the Gen 2.
I’ll also update on here when Speedy respond.
They have replied stating that individual lettering won’t stick perfectly and the sharp edges makes it less durable, which does make sense I guess, but still like to know what others have.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
When I had mine made up previously they looked as though they were one piece but were individual letters. They were made with high grade automotive wrapping film.
They are still going strong 2 years later.
Probably doesn’t matter though.
Have they confirmed it’s for the Gen 2 Levo SL?
I’m after S-Works decals.

Lloyders88

Jun 18, 2023
England
When I had mine made up previously they looked as though they were one piece but were individual letters. They were made with high grade automotive wrapping film.
They are still going strong 2 years later.
Probably doesn’t matter though.
Have they confirmed it’s for the Gen 2 Levo SL?
I’m after S-Works decals.
They basically say yes and they say they include size checking before proceeding with printing

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I used slik graphics in the past… and it was Specialized that put me in touch with them. Top class service and decals.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I used slik graphics in the past… and it was Specialized that put me in touch with them. Top class service and decals.
I was also told that Specialized gave them
all colours and dimensions for decals. Haven’t had a response to an email in over a week though which is a bit odd

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Rode high speed chunky stuff today using full suspension travel and again the range extender disconnected. I would place the band higher but i still want it wrapped on the cage too.

Am i the only one experiencing this issue? I don’t use the cage for hydration so wishing there is a better mount for the RE with a dedicated mount

IMG_6087.jpeg

IMG_6089.jpeg

cjc.emtb

Oct 13, 2020
Puerto Rico
Rode high speed chunky stuff today using full suspension travel and again the range extender disconnected. I would place the band higher but i still want it wrapped on the cage too.

Am i the only one experiencing this issue? I don’t use the cage for hydration so wishing there is a better mount for the RE with a dedicated mount

View attachment 118275
View attachment 118274
I have always installed the band over and around the connector with no problem at all on my Levo SL Gen 1.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I have always installed the band over and around the connector with no problem at all on my Levo SL Gen 1.
So it doesn’t need to be strapped to the cage then. RE won’t fall off? I’ve lost some water bottles before

Normal trail riding it’s fine. It disconnects when descending high speed with continuous rocky terrain for a long duration

bryankcc

May 4, 2023
Singapore
So it doesn’t need to be strapped to the cage then. RE won’t fall off? I’ve lost some water bottles before

Normal trail riding it’s fine. It disconnects when descending high speed with continuous rocky terrain for a long duration
On another note... does yr frame port door stays opened dangerously just below the RE? i was afraid rough chunder will knock the RE base on the door...

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
On another note... does yr frame port door stays opened dangerously just below the RE? i was afraid rough chunder will knock the RE base on the door...
Yes it’s close. I tried to move it further away but is restricted by the length of cable. I only nudged the RE little bit further than how the dealer set it up

you are right, it’s concerning because the cage bolts loosen too and would bring the RE closer to the door. I just reapplied loctite yesterday and hope it works

starks1

Apr 5, 2021
US
Can anyone confirm q factor remains the same or know what you can decrease it to with new cranks? My R knee def doesn't like the q on my gen 1.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK

View attachment 118275
View attachment 118274
Rode with range extender first time yesterday on tec no issue, here’s my band placement if that helps

IMG_8170.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles