Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

afk314

Apr 22, 2023
Boise, ID
I noticed Spesh claims the motor is much quieter in Eco and Trail, but they don't mention Turbo - let us know what you find in high cadence turbo.

People also claim the 1.1 motors got louder as they aged; how true is this? It might make it tough to judge it in the moment.

afk314

Apr 22, 2023
Boise, ID
Also DT- how do you like the color now that you've seen it in person? Bright and blingy? Relaxed for orange/salmon? Something else?

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
The build date is on the frame. It’s 1/7/2023

I'd never noticed the best before date on my obsolete sl , just goes to show we need to check the fine print.

Trying REALY hard not to visit the lbs now - quieter, sram cranks, and a flip chip that shortens the chainstays in 27.5 mode - lots to like. I'm going to REALY struggle if he conforms the motors are not backwards compatible - the OSL is perfectly adequate for me, but your bikes color ma5ches the ktm fleet in the shed...

TQmotorguy

Apr 8, 2023
California
It’s very quiet. The high pitch whine is 100% gone. Once I get it on a real trail under a real load I’ll report back. I’m fairly certain that it’s much quieter than both of my full size Levos.
I’d like to get your take on the motor noise too, after a good ride or two. I think I’ve read that you have or had both the gen 1 Levo sl and the fuel exe. If so, a comparison and ranking of the three motors would be really helpful!

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
It’s probably going to be a few days before I actually ride the bike. I need to at least put some 3m vinyl on it. Unfortunately, Ridewrap doesn’t have a kit yet. I ordered 3m film off of Amazon. I’ve used it before. It’ll work in a pinch.

The color is not so hot. It’s salmon-ish. 100% not orange. Lucky for me, it could be worse. I’ll live with it.

It’s not as quiet as the EXe but it seems like the motor has more pop. I won’t know for sure till I hit the trail with it.

I’ll try to weigh it tomorrow. I plan to replace pretty much everything on the bike in the next couple of weeks and I really don’t give 2 shits what it weighs….but I’ll throw pedals on it and weigh it the way it came.

I’ll report back about my initial ride impressions on Friday.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The Roval carbon wheels are priced great, work well, and are guaranteed for life. They are hard to beat. I have 4 sets. For whatever reason they do not sell them in mixed sets. The reserve wheels are absolutely bomb proof but I feel like they are a little over priced. I’ve broken a few spokes on my Rovals but I’ve never cracked or broken a wheel.
I've had several sets of Roval, and have never had an issue either. My SL has the Roval Traverse carbon, and my Stumpy has 27.5" 38mm Traverse SL fattie wheels on it.
I'd happily buy another pair of Roval, however they don't come as a mullet set... and they don't seem to sell them as individuals to make a set?

There seems to be big lead times on a lot of these wheels at the moment...
I may end up running the bike as 29" for a while!!

Part of me has always wanted ENVE - however the prices are a bit tough to swallow!

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
Mahle is building great engines. I'm pretty sure the 1.2 motor will be better in every aspect.
I like this salmon color way more on those live pictures than on the product images. I think I need this bike...with 29"/29" and steep steering angle.

Last edited:

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Surprised his shop agreed, especially with the box showing the bike shop.

Maybe they'll change the name from the Squeaky Wheel to the Leaky Wheel .. ?? :p

@Desert_Turtle Hope the wife is doing ok.
Least specialized have a photo of the dealers face to tell off too. He'll be getting slapped with a salmon for showing the salmon bike 🐟

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
my dealer said no photos of mine! embargo is strict! looks lovely mate.

I've heard the motor feels more powerful than the trek and has better range, every tester i've spoke to seems super stoked on the new version.
I was in my dealer yesterday (UK) and they still haven't even officially heard that the bike is coming. Mine, I guess, is a fairly small company with 3 branches through Scotland. Is yours a 'major' dealer that they've been given more info and are actually able to order a bike?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Least specialized have a photo of the dealers face to tell off too. He'll be getting slapped with a salmon for showing the salmon bike 🐟
imageonline-co-emojiadded.jpg.png

Moderator edit for @Desert_Turtle.

Last edited by a moderator:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They are definitely in UK, I know Balfes bikes has a load in the warehouse and my local one said they should hopefully have some built up when it launches, but they don’t know when they are being delivered to the stores.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
In the UK reserved mine this morning 😀
Annoying that I've been pestering my shop for about a year now, and have been feeding them information (mainly that's come from here) for the last few weeks since they know nothing! The only info they've had on this bike so far has come from me!!

I've asked them to order me an S4 frame only when they are able... but if other shops have earlier access, then it could be that all current availability has been reserved already.

Last night, they still couldn't see anything on their B2B system, so couldn't order anything.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I was in my dealer yesterday (UK) and they still haven't even officially heard that the bike is coming. Mine, I guess, is a fairly small company with 3 branches through Scotland. Is yours a 'major' dealer that they've been given more info and are actually able to order a bike?
That’s crazy, sounds like you need a new dealer. The small independent dealer I use don’t currently have any inbound, I imagine they’re not very high in the list but they know about the bike and can order it.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Annoying that I've been pestering my shop for about a year now, and have been feeding them information (mainly that's come from here) for the last few weeks since they know nothing! The only info they've had on this bike so far has come from me!!

I've asked them to order me an S4 frame only when they are able... but if other shops have earlier access, then it could be that all current availability has been reserved already.

Last night, they still couldn't see anything on their B2B system, so couldn't order anything.
I had a KSL from my dealer last April but I’ve been holding on to my 2019 Levo expert which has just hit 4 years old. It’s time for a change and I just can’t see myself going back to full fat e-bikes any time soon.

Stock at my dealer is super limited so I made the decision to go for it ahead of the launch date as it might not be available afterwards. I’m out in Prague till Friday so no opportunity to go to the launch event. Just went for a comp with AXS upgrade. Looking forward to Saturday.

I am sure you can get one if you want one but better to stick to the shops that do good business with the forum members, never had a bad experience with any of them over the last 5 years.

Good luck tracking one down

Reactions: Dax

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
If I was to go down the frame only option, I’ve already got a well specced Levo SL to donate parts.

Something I don’t have, is a mullet wheel set. In fact, the only part of my 2019 Levo SL that’s original is the Roval carbon wheels!

Can anyone recommend a solid lightweight carbon mullet wheel set that I should be looking at if I get a frame only?

Newmen Advanced SL X.A.30 , buy them in sets of 29 or can buy each one separate . 29 set weight is 1325g for both. 27.5 at back will be a lighter set . 30mm inner width too .​

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I don’t think it will be that hard to get hold of one in the UK, the lightweight EMTB segment isn’t exactly a big seller for most stores, so supply is likely to be limited by whether or not stores think they will sell any more than demand.

from What I can see at the moment it seems a lot of stores are having issues shifting high priced emtbs and offering discounts On most bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles