Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

ghoststalker

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
Been waiting 2 weeks for a warranty 1.1 motor to arrive, now been told that there are none in the country and it could be as long as 6 weeks! Wondering if there is any chance that they will warranty with the 1.2 motor and a Mastermind TCU but compatibility seems to be hotly contested.
I would ask them, if it is possible to get the new one. Even if the charge you the upgraded tcu and the probably more expensive motor it would still be worth it.

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Initial reply was that there is no new motor as far as they are aware... Follow up was that the 1.1 motor will ALWAYS be warrantied with a 1.1 motor because the shape is slightly different.
The optimist in me wants to believe that there might be a 1.1.2 motor with the benefits of the 1.2 motor sealing and crank interface (surely they want to reduce their own warranty burden) down the line, or even that their might be some wiggle room on getting the 1.2 motor in (if the mounts were in the same locations but the frame needed some slight trimming then I could live with that) but realistically I think it is probably just what they have said. ie. it's going to mean a new bike to get the new motor.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
Was at dealer today embargos still super strict from them, all very hush no info to be had. I would Be surprised if anyone who has one being built up will be allowed photos pre release

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Oops, Bikeradar jumps the gun. New SL to have 50nm and over 300w peak power. The official launch must be any day now.
IMG_6430.jpeg

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
There seems to be a lack of productive discussion .. you were warned ...

Sorry, this ones a bit crap .. even more rushed than the others .. But as it's looking like May 4th launch..

View attachment 113346

Background image taken from Dan Durda.
Best one was when a cropped photo of your batman one appeared on a forum asking if this is the new levo sl :ROFLMAO:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
If I was to go down the frame only option, I’ve already got a well specced Levo SL to donate parts.

Something I don’t have, is a mullet wheel set. In fact, the only part of my 2019 Levo SL that’s original is the Roval carbon wheels!

Can anyone recommend a solid lightweight carbon mullet wheel set that I should be looking at if I get a frame only?

ghoststalker

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
If I was to go down the frame only option, I’ve already got a well specced Levo SL to donate parts.

Something I don’t have, is a mullet wheel set. In fact, the only part of my 2019 Levo SL that’s original is the Roval carbon wheels!

Can anyone recommend a solid lightweight carbon mullet wheel set that I should be looking at if I get a frame only?
If aluminium is fine I can recommend the newman evolution SL wheelset.

comp29

Dec 14, 2022
Fremont, CA

of all the reviews i’ve read concerning durability, the reserve sl, the we are one union/convergence, and the roval traverse sl not only popped up the most but were the most praised.

i think i’m going for either the reserve or the we are one, mainly for their generous replacement warranty.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin

Buy a used rear hub, order a CF wheel from CarbonFans & have it laced locally.

This is essentially what I did by repurposing a lightly used hub I had on the shelf.

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
The Roval carbon wheels are priced great, work well, and are guaranteed for life. They are hard to beat. I have 4 sets. For whatever reason they do not sell them in mixed sets. The reserve wheels are absolutely bomb proof but I feel like they are a little over priced. I’ve broken a few spokes on my Rovals but I’ve never cracked or broken a wheel.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
My wife just got out of surgery so I might not have time to pick up my bike today but here’s a pic of the box & label. I’m not sure if the shop is/isn’t allowed to give me the bike till Thursday anyway.

Did you get a discount for it being a 22 model?

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
I wonder how the cable routing works now? Was quite neat having stuff down the stay tube but that most all be going past the battery now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles