Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL 2023 Megathread

comp29

Dec 14, 2022
Fremont, CA
432mm chainstays… i wonder what pivot and superboost have to say about this.

liking the solid eSTA (can steepen by .5) and more conservative reach. always felt a little extra pressure on the hands on the levo 3 vs my levo 2. curious what stem length they’ll use on an s3.
2F3E6D37-BDE4-4238-B102-A1FD604B71CA.png

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Unless there are still mistakes, I do like the numbers, they suggest Specialized keeps to their usual focus on broad appeal. The bicycle is rather short-ish in reach, has more traditional seat position in back, but gets aggressive head angle and long (for trail bike) & plush suspension numbers.
That is much more attractive and easier to ride for majority of people than something like Pivot Shuttle SL. And it's also what Trek EXe TQ would be if it had bit more squish. It's also smart decision to not make niche bike even more niche (by giving it full EVO numbers and cannibalizing Kenevo SL, though I wonder if they regret having two SL bikes, I am happy they do though).

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
I also like that they haven't changed the concept too much. With the available geo change options you can come close to first gen Levo SL, which felt very good to me on a test ride.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
If I can sell a kidney I hope that they bring the Cream/Silver coloured SW model to the Uk. That’s a clean colourway

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
If I can sell a kidney I hope that they bring the Cream/Silver coloured SW model to the Uk. That’s a clean colourway
My LBS was not aware on the available colors in Europe for the release day but all the communication they received were showing the black version.
Tuesday during the zoom training they will know about colors, delivery dates and so on...

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I wonder if this will steepen the head angle to 65+?

I saw a geo chart on bikeradar and my understanding is that you can change just the chainstay adjustment and when combined with a 29" rear wheel, geo is all exactly the same except for the longer CS length.
Unfortunately if you tried to combine the 29" CS position with say a 27.5" rear wheel to get the long CS length, you'd get a considerably slacker STA & lower BB height.
The SL also has a high/ low shock adjustment which steepens the sta/ hta around .5' and raises the BB height about 5mm independent of rear wheel.
Personally, I like full 29er. However I just built a new 27.5" rear wheel that I'm pretty determined to use on this build.
I do suspect that a new KSL will be released with similar updates next year that'll hit my personal targets a bit better. For me, I'm always on 150/160 bikes and it feels right for pedaling so I want the Enduro geo, on AM travel. But I'm probably an outlier in this regard.

Last edited:

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
You guys ever think that maybe Specialized leaks stuff on purpose and even leaks some “fake news” just to stir the pot and keep the conversation going? They already had their dealer webinar a couple of weeks ago here in the US. All the info, other than the geo specifics, has already been shared with the dealers. It’s crazy how even after most of the info was out there people were still speculating.

ghoststalker

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
You guys ever think that maybe Specialized leaks stuff on purpose and even leaks some “fake news” just to stir the pot and keep the conversation going? They already had their dealer webinar a couple of weeks ago here in the US. All the info, other than the geo specifics, has already been shared with the dealers. It’s crazy how even after most of the info was out there people were still speculating.
Or as Barney Stinson would describe it "create a mystery about yourself" 🙂

I think you can never be sure what was by accident and what was on purpose. I think both is possible. Look at Apple's, Samsung's, Nvidia's, Intel's, AMD's product launches. There is always infos out there from people who "where often right".

SusXT

Nov 3, 2022
Belgium
Just came from my west coast Spec Dealer. They had (2) new 23’ Levo SL’s in Lg and Small in stock, wouldn’t open the box. For me. I confirmed the Comp Carbon colors as black and orange. I have a pre- order in for an S3 ( medium) black. Confirmed the official drop date of 5/4. Bike is stated to be same weight as Gen1 model. Comp to come w/ Mastermind TCU, 50W Mahle 1.2 motor/ stated as straight cut gears and quieter. 320 battery the same. The earlier leaked photos apparently from the dealer intro at Sea Otter. I am first in line for a Black S3, which may not show up until first week in June, worst case, could be sooner.
Very curious about the noise of the motor.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
The BikeRadar article above first mentioned 30-40perc. reduction, which would be nice but not whisper-quiet, but then specifically the reviewer mentions it is in fact whisper-quiet later in first impression section. So who knows which one it is. Definitively curious.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Don't think this is overly important to worry about sharing...

FYI .. or for Future reference when anyone searches ..

Levo Gen2 SL is compatible with the existing range extender (98920-5640) - but you need a 145mm cable and not a 160mm cable like the Gen1 SL . KSL is 285mm.

Last edited by a moderator:

badIuck

Aug 2, 2022
GER
So what does the review say regarding power? I've heard it feels relatively similar to the old Levo SL power and doesn't match the Fazua/TQ.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles