Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Nice Pchop Zim.
I feel a bit rude ... I completely forgot about @Borut .. The Sheep-Works model

1682676109468.png

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Specialized couldn't ask for nicer campaign!
Can agree with all said, looks both nice and boring, which is ok in my book, that's kinda Specialized(&Trek) forte.
Engine in my opinion fits 100perc., after all they apparently tested finished carbon mould with previous engine before the new one was available, the frame seems to predate the engine by at least a year.

But also..highly doubt they would make them available in any capacity even if it would be technically possible to swap.
I'll let myself be surprised/dissapointed.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The last question I have now is about the efficiency of the 1.2 motor, and the real range we can achieve with the 320wh battery compared to previous gen !
If they've continued with the straight cut gears and sound reduction is via alternative mechanical modifications (honeycomb) then the motor should still be 80-85% efficient.

Whilst it's rated at being able to pull 30% more power, don't forget that most of the time you're not pulling max current.

If you presently Turbo as fast as you can up every hill, then potentially you could use 30% more battery in a given time period. But, you'd have presumably gone further in that same time.

With an EMTB the power usage in any given mode doesn't normally correlate directly in the way you'd expect, plus it often pushes the rider to apply more at the same time without you realising it when you're in Turbo. It may only real world relate to a 10-15% range/altitude drop and only in some circumstances - max assist. Presumably the lower assist modes will remain similar to now so it's still a usable bike for all situations/riders.

I'm only guessing though.

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
If they've continued with the straight cut gears and sound reduction is via alternative mechanical modifications (honeycomb) then the motor should still be 80-85% efficient.

Whilst it's rated at being able to pull 30% more power, don't forget that most of the time you're not pulling max current.

If you presently Turbo as fast as you can up every hill, then potentially you could use 30% more battery in a given time period. But, you'd have presumably gone further in that same time.

With an EMTB the power usage in any given mode doesn't normally correlate directly in the way you'd expect, plus it often pushes the rider to apply more at the same time without you realising it when you're in Turbo. It may only real world relate to a 10-15% range/altitude drop and only in some circumstances - max assist. Presumably the lower assist modes will remain similar to now so it's still a usable bike for all situations/riders.

I'm only guessing though.
Good thinking, in my case I used to set my previous SL to 90%max for Turbo, 35% for Eco and 60% for Trail, so hopefully it shouldn’t affect my range to much.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Just had the opportunity to test ride a comp carbon. I can confirm that the motor is very quiet - It's night and day between the new and the old. It also feels more powerful, but It feels more like the Gen3 Levo than the old SL. Which is a shame. Also it doesn't feel light. The S4 Comp Carbon was 19,5 kg out of the box with pedals. For me and my preferences the current Levo SL is much better (and also much better looking). The Blaze color looks cheap for a 9000€ bike :cautious:

So now we REALY want to know if the motor is backwards compatible

Reactions: Dax

gts66

Apr 5, 2023
France
If you fit fox 36 and a piggy back onto an old comp carbon it's around 19 kg ( with decent rubber and pedals fitted) . Add a bit more for that new derailleur ?
I deleted my comment as I had in mind the SWorks weight…

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Question, some earlier posts comparing the s works and comp carbon seem to indicate DUB cranks on the comp carbon? Could that mean different spindles and a move away from the weakest part of the old sl motor?

B2E3E30B-1925-4BDC-BF52-D0963945691C.jpeg

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
I thought the old one was 19kg. With Fox 34, now Fox 36. 180mm > 200mm rear disk. Guide R > Code RS ...

Stock old comp carbon with fox 34's , tubeless but stock tyres comes in at low 18 kg

Mine has crept up to 19 kg with fox 36 x160, rs superdeluxe, and dhf / dhr's with decent casings . Nut I can easily get it back around 18 kg with a wash and lighter cassette.....

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
This thread has been a wealth of information, some of it even accurate!

Thanks to those that have shared. Ultimately, it's very good for Spesh and builds excitement and the S-works is just lovely to look at.

Ps. I like pretty women very much, but I think it's a bit inappropriate to post photos of women in these threads just because there might also be women here for bike info. Also, wolves might be triggered by the sheep photos...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
but I think it's a bit inappropriate to post photos of women in these threads just because there might also be women here for bike info. Also, wolves might be triggered by the sheep photos...
It was hopefully done tastefully .. and with good contrast with the bikes in a highlighting way ... with the women too ..

Blame @Borut though, he dragged Margot into the thread earlier on - and the sheep.

More than happy to add a version incorporating a gentleman (or Rams), but I was more concerned at causing outrage amongst the female members by picking the wrong one. I'm pretty sure most of the men looking only noticed the bike and will now be scrolling back up to see what women you're talking about.

afk314

Apr 22, 2023
Boise, ID
Seems like whenever we get a fresh drop of these images, we get a long stall in the discussion. Zimmerframe, I appreciate your effort and humor but this does feel a bit counterproductive.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Seems like whenever we get a fresh drop of these images, we get a long stall in the discussion. Zimmerframe, I appreciate your effort and humor but this does feel a bit counterproductive.
Thursday is not far away or even Friday for you tube videos of all the influencers. I bet Rob has already got his video ready to go.

All will be revealed. Can’t reveal any more than what’s been leaked.

afk314

Apr 22, 2023
Boise, ID
Understood there isn't much to learn, but as someone new to emtb's and about to make my first purchase, I enjoy hearing how people parse the data we have and compare the options. At least it is something to do until the formal introduction.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Understood there isn't much to learn, but as someone new to emtb's and about to make my first purchase, I enjoy hearing how people parse the data we have and compare the options. At least it is something to do until the formal introduction.

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
It was hopefully done tastefully .. and with good contrast with the bikes in a highlighting way ... with the women too ..

Blame @Borut though, he dragged Margot into the thread earlier on - and the sheep.

More than happy to add a version incorporating a gentleman (or Rams), but I was more concerned at causing outrage amongst the female members by picking the wrong one. I'm pretty sure most of the men looking only noticed the bike and will now be scrolling back up to see what women you're talking about.
Im in problem now ....i dont know how to ...get Margot Robbie

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles