27% Turbo
3% off

The indigo Epic in the Australian Victorian High country from Beechworth

We had lunch at the Pub at Yackandandah and charged our batteries for a while

Reactions: CjP

brentonb

May 12, 2022
Aus
fantastic, the only part we didn't like was the last bit running into Yack. Other than that it was great.

Stayed at the beechworth caravan park in the treetop cabin and had lunch at the star hotel in yack where they allowed us to charge our bikes.

I would pack a power board next time doing something like this, that way they only need to bring an extension cord out rather than 3 like they had to for us.

Big day, there was a gen2 levo with 700 and a norco with 900 batteries, we all used more than a full charge. I think in the dry I could make it and back on 1 charge but I ended towing the gen2 for a few kms up hill.

It is closed for the next few weeks but go do it, brilliant ride. We did 48kms on it the day before and then shuttled mystic the day after

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Sweet will hit it once the weather dries up.
What didn’t you like about the last part? Was it boring.

brentonb

May 12, 2022
Aus
Sweet will hit it once the weather dries up.
What didn’t you like about the last part? Was it boring.
just hard work (busy cockpit ) and no fun or flow to the trail, up 2 gear down dropper post up dropper post up 3 gears down 2 gears up down up down up down, it was just annoying as the trail didn't have any rhythm or could make up its mind what it was wanting to do.

I was getting fatigue on my dropper post thumb ....

• Haha

brentonb

May 12, 2022
Aus
Would the trail be better running the other way?
no its a 1 way trail in that section. overall it a brilliant trail with lots of variation between machine flow and narrow hand. this in the dry might work but the conditions we had the 5 or so kms out of 57 were annoying.

I would say start in yack and logistically it works better if you do but I would not want to end the epic with this trail and the last 6kms into beech is sensational and a great way to finish

• Helpful

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles