• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Levo carbon on a bike stand ??

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
Would it be ok to leave my bike like this on the stand ? Just thinking for the weight on the frame what’s everyone’s thoughts ? Obviously clamped down if I was to leave it but just wondering if it will cause any damage ? Thanks for any advise

B2F3660C-0C6B-4EB0-8E78-CA96CCBFF23D.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Carbon layup is designed in every section of the frame for strength in a specific direction. I would guess the layup on that section you are using is biased towards compression strength not lateral forces....so no I would not leave 20k hanging from it.

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Clamp at seat post and avoid clamping at moving part of dropper post.

The seat post is strong and secure enough to hold even the heaviest rider, so it's more than capable of having the weight of the bike hanging off it. If there is not enough exposed seat post or outer (non-moving) part of dropper post, then clamp high up on seat tube where (you know after checking) the seat post inside will oppose crushing forces.

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
My LBS hooks them up that way as clamping a dropper post is not advisable. What they do is close the clamp then wind down the adjuster so it is just touching the top of the bar - that stops the bike getting knocked off accidentally.
Have been doing that myself for better than 10 years with various carbon bikes and never have issues.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Clamp at seat post and avoid clamping at moving part of dropper post. .............

If I have understood that correctly, isn't that the wrong way around? The moving part of the dropper post, which I take to be the bit that is fastened to the saddle, has no moving parts inside it. The rest of the dropper, the bit that slides into the seat tube, has delicate sliding components inside and definitely does not want to be squeezed too hard, not even by your seat post clamp. Which is why I use the Finish Line fibre grip assembly gel that allows a reduced clamping pressure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles