Levo 2020 Rear Mud Guard Solution??

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
Anyone found a good solution for a small rear mudguard on the Levo 2020?

I‘ve tried a marsh guard and a RRP Proguard but both no good as tyre rubs.

UK winter is here so just looking for something small to protect suspension pivots and stuff gathering on top of motor through the wet winter.

Anyone got a good solution with some pictures?

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
The like of the RRP enduroguard (or the many clones, or homebrew copies) is probably all you need, actually you've just prompted me to go fit one to mine and fit my mudhugger to protect my own rear end.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I fitted one to my 2020 but in order to fit it you have to remove the small plastic cover near the seatpost. This filled up with stones and grit on my first ride so i've taken it off.
I guess you could stick some foam in the gap but i've order the front mudhugger to fit on the back then i'll fit the massive mudhugger over that:)

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
I fitted one to my 2020 but in order to fit it you have to remove the small plastic cover near the seatpost. This filled up with stones and grit on my first ride so i've taken it off.
I guess you could stick some foam in the gap but i've order the front mudhugger to fit on the back then i'll fit the massive mudhugger over that:)
Ah ok, I did see you had to remove that which was added by specialized to stop stuff getting in.

It sounds like if sicomtb added the same lip to the back of their bottom guard that'd be the perfect solution

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Ah ok, I did see you had to remove that which was added by specialized to stop stuff getting in.

It sounds like if sicomtb added the same lip to the back of their bottom guard that'd be the perfect solution

Yes if he added a modified version of the small cover it would be perfect. I have spoke to him about this but he says no-one else has had this problem and to stick a bit of foam in.
Bit disappointed tbh as it cost over £60 but i'll get it sorted with the mudhugger hopefully.

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
Yes if he added a modified version of the small cover it would be perfect. I have spoke to him about this but he says no-one else has had this problem and to stick a bit of foam in.
Bit disappointed tbh as it cost over £60 but i'll get it sorted with the mudhugger hopefully.
Specialized made the cover for a reason and to remove it so the mudguard fits but the gap no longer be covered when mudguard on seems odd for something thats £60+ with P&P

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Specialized made the cover for a reason and to remove it so the mudguard fits but the gap no longer be covered when mudguard on seems odd for something thats £60+ with P&P
Definitely, it's a bad design imo if you ride stoney stuff.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I think the reason is that SICOMTB mudgard was designed around early 2019 models - before pivot protection kit was released ... and now with model 2019 with pivot protection kit installed and new 2020 models which came with it from start, does not fit without removing this cover first, but it defenetely should fit perfectly regarding how much does it cost ... I guess a mold to produce this mudguards is quite expensive and producer/seller want's to sell as much mudguards as possible without changing/updating the mold (extra $$$) and without telling you it won't fit quite perfectly over the stock bike ...

Last edited:

bola339

Aug 27, 2019
Warwick
I think the reason is that SICOMTB mudgard was designed around early 2019 models - before pivot protection kit was released ... and now with model 2019 with pivot protection kit installed and new 2020 models which came with it from start, does not fit without removing this cover first, but it defenetely should fit perfectly regarding how much does it cost ... I guess a mold to produce this mudguards is quite expensive and producer/seller want's to sell as much mudguards as possible without changing/updating the mold and without telling you it won't fit quite perfectly over the stock bike ...
I've been in touch with them today and they have said there is a new design bottom section in the works so hopefully this will have the cover included too. Hopefully it's not too long as seems if that in place it'd be worth the money for a custom guard that fits perfectly.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I've been in touch with them today and they have said there is a new design bottom section in the works so hopefully this will have the cover included too. Hopefully it's not too long as seems if that in place it'd be worth the money for a custom guard that fits perfectly.
I think thats the only way forward with the guard. At that price it has to be perfect.

Pat2203

Sep 15, 2018
Guisborough
Not a levo. It I’ve used 2 front xl RRP mudguards with an additional detachable extension on rear works a treat on my bike and doesn’t look shite either imho lol

2788441E-605B-4503-83E1-826D0125FCED.jpeg

38637B5B-A2B0-40B1-9921-72B9774021ED.jpeg

E56694B2-449E-4FFD-A542-090A824E1B16.jpeg

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Looking forward to the new design from Sicomtb, I reckon it will be the perfect Levo mudguard solution.

Sep 21, 2019
Oxfordshire England
Anyone found a good solution for a small rear mudguard on the Levo 2020?

I‘ve tried a marsh guard and a RRP Proguard but both no good as tyre rubs.

UK winter is here so just looking for something small to protect suspension pivots and stuff gathering on top of motor through the wet winter.

Anyone got a good solution with some pictures?
2nd attempt at a small guard to protect linkages. If the principle works I can improve protection area

20191129_122909.jpg

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Has anyone tried the SicoMTB guard on a 2020 Levo?

The clearance looks less than 5mm under the brace on my bike and supposedly the guard is 1.7mm thick so be interested to see if anyones tried it and whether it clogs?
I have on on my carbon it does go on but the smaller part rubbed so I’ve taken it off but I would say it’s slightly too thick for the bike but if you can deal with it it works fine

nathanjones

Oct 3, 2019
Bainbridge Island, WA
I have the SicoMTB on my 19 Comp Carbon, which had the linkage cover. The zip ties definitely rub on the lower cover, so I'm still trying to decide the best solution.

The top piece is great and it's a nice idea for a cover. For the price, I'm disappointed in the lower cover.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Apparently there will be a new revision of the SicoMTB DualGuard which should be ready for sale from the 20th Jan.
They say the lower section will leave more clearance to avoid tyre rub.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
if you not going to bother with a proper mud guard like the Mudhugger. Why pay so much for the Sicomtb when you may as well try @Will Hesch mudguard or even make one yourself?
img_8377-jpg.22838

eBay link

with a proper mudguard setup it looks like dis..

ps mine is the old ’medium’ mudhugger, theres a newer biggerer one

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
if you not going to bother with a proper mud guard like the Mudhugger. Why pay so much for the Sicomtb when you may as well try @Will Hesch mudguard or even make one yourself?
ps mine is the old ’medium’ mudhugger, theres a newer biggerer one
This is what I plan to do when Will's mudguard turns up as I already have the large rear mudhugger. But when the weather improves I might get a different, smaller guard like the SicoMTB as despite how well it performs, I don't particularly like the look of the rear mudhugger

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
This is what I plan to do when Will's mudguard turns up as I already have the large rear mudhugger. But when the weather improves I might get a different, smaller guard like the SicoMTB as despite how well it performs, I don't particularly like the look of the rear mudhugger
Ahh fair enough, there is no doubt the Mudhugger is special looking, but then were grown men (& women) messing around on ’push bikes’ (even electrical assisted ones) worrying about how it looks is vaguely pointless. Especially coming back covered in mud..

MMF27

Aug 4, 2020
Aberdeen
Hi did you manage to set this up? How does it looks like. Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles