looking rear mud guard for swing arm levo any advise

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
I have used mudhugger on the rear of my Haibike and put old innertubes on the seatstays first. No cutting involved. Did the same on my Merida but had to cut and file it a bit.

FZPaul

Patreon
Apr 9, 2018
Nottingham, UK
Mudhugger is the way to go and purely by coincidence, they have them for sale at Swinnerton Cycles at Cannock Chase (in case you're going at the weekend?).

rodriry

Jul 25, 2018
US
I found mounting it this way is the best to keep mud out of the motor mount area
20181013_162930.jpeg
20181013_162917.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Rear guards are either designed to protect the bike (shock, pivots etc) or the rider.

In terms of keeping mud off the rider, the only one out there that really does a good job at that, is the bid old mud hugger.

The smaller ones, such as modified front guards and the RRP Rearguard are designed to keep grime out of the moving parts of the bike, and dont really do anything to protect the rider.

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
If you are looking for a quick release mudguard for keeping rhe mud off your back and bum when needed i can recommend the cube Cubeguard.
I had a similar mudguard from topeak and not satisfied with it at all, it does not work very well with rear suspension. You have to put it too far from the wheel so it doesn't really stop the spray on your back. This is more suitable for hardtail bikes.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I had a similar mudguard from topeak and not satisfied with it at all, it does not work very well with rear suspension. You have to put it too far from the wheel so it doesn't really stop the spray on your back. This is more suitable for hardtail bikes.
I guess you are right, I do have to mount it quite high, and tend to catch my leg on it when getting on or off, but in my opinion for a clip on solution it works pretty well.

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
I guess you are right, I do have to mount it quite high, and tend to catch my leg on it when getting on or off, but in my opinion for a clip on solution it works pretty well.
I smashed mine on the second ride with my Levo during a harsh mount-up. This is the second fender of this type that I smashed in this manner ) Got mudhugger now )

IMG-20190321-WA0007.jpeg

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I smashed mine on the second ride with my Levo during a harsh mount-up. This is the second fender of this type that I smashed in this manner ) Got mudhugger now )

View attachment 12229
Those look pretty good, Someone needs tomake a quick release version so you can quickly mount them only when necessary. Faffing about with multiple cable binders is not an option.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles