Other Levo 2018 replacement motor

Scula

May 6, 2021
Sg14 1re
Hello @Specialized Rider Care

I have just had the motor fail on my 2018 Levo, and replaced by Berkshire Cycles. They have said they will discount 35% off the retail price as a goodwill gesture. I have three friends with Kenevos of the same age and motor, and all three had their motor fail and replaced free of charge (excl. labour) outside of warranty (albeit closer to the two years than myself). I feel I have drawn the short straw because I am the only one who keeps my bike in a heated space, and it feels like this has prolonged my motor? I've also had the harness cable replaced free of charge last December (outside of warranty). My brother has the new Kenevo, which of course has a warranty of four years.
Can you please see if you can provide me with this motor free of charge, rather than only 35% off?

As an aside, in January the rear shock failed. When I sent it off to SRAM, and they said they do not carry spare parts for it, and do not ride it! A write off basically. After looking into it, it seem the shock is rated for cross country, so I'm not sure why it was specced on a 50lb ebike? That cost me around £500 for a new shock. So in three years I've had the rear shock and motor fail (twice), which is not what you expect from supposedly the best ebike manufacturer out there. Up to this point I've told everyone I know who is buying an ebike, to choose Specialized, but now I'm questioning whether that is good advice?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles