LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
Loving those overlays, is that from Insta or from Relive?
The overlays are from the Insta app. What's cool is that I didn't need the the GPS remote or have to record with the app open on my phone to get GPS data for the overlay.

I record my rides in Apple Health. The Insta app integrates with Apple Heath and gets GPS and bio data from it for the overlays.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
The overlays are from the Insta app. What's cool is that I didn't need the the GPS remote or have to record with the app open on my phone to get GPS data for the overlay.

I record my rides in Apple Health. The Insta app integrates with Apple Heath and gets GPS and bio data from it for the overlays.
Very cool indeed.
Shame I use GoPro's and Android lol.
GoPro GPS is so very temperamental to get the overlays.

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
Very cool indeed.
Shame I use GoPro's and Android lol.
GoPro GPS is so very temperamental to get the overlays.
You can also use the Insta360 App. With your camera connected to the app, initiate recording from the app. Make sure GPS is on in the settings also. But anything you record from the app should now have GPS data and you will then be able to use the overlays in the app.

Cleggy

Aug 11, 2023
Northern Ireland
I used to use the Garmin Virb software for that reason, but it didn't do 4K.

Screenshot here to prove it can do 4k video clips

In this clip my GoPro is chin mounted upside down so first you would have to rotate the clip 180 degrees

I rarely or never use the overlays anymore though, I just didn't feel it brought any value to the videos, certainly not at my slow/amateur riding levels

virbstats4k.jpg

Cleggy

Aug 11, 2023
Northern Ireland
Dark video or photo is due to under-exposure.

Exposure is a combination of ISO, shutter speed and aperture.

Your action camera usually has a fixed aperture lens (usually f2.8 or thereabouts)

So that only leaves you two variable controls to lighten your recorded image.

Either slow down your shutter speed to let more light in or increase your ISO to let more light in, or do both.

The higher the ISO the more noise/grain will be in your image.

Jan 26, 2023
England
Dark video or photo is due to under-exposure.

Exposure is a combination of ISO, shutter speed and aperture.

Your action camera usually has a fixed aperture lens (usually f2.8 or thereabouts)

So that only leaves you two variable controls to lighten your recorded image.

Either slow down your shutter speed to let more light in or increase your ISO to let more light in, or do both.

The higher the ISO the more noise/grain will be in your image.
Thanks mate, well explained 👍

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi there!
It’s been a long time since my last post but I want to share with you this western-like-short I shot in Tabernas desert (Almería, Spain). It’s a nice place to get lost full of cinematographic landscapes.
Hope you like it!

Un Espaguetti MTB en el desierto de Tabernas (Almería)

Very creative 👏🏽😀

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
My video from last weekend. Totally different weather between low and high levels.
also trying out a purple panda external microphone.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
You were both brave to try Kilburn in the current conditions!
Tbh mate we didn’t realise it would be like that haha, I’d never ridden it before and my mate had last ridden it last year in the summer, wicked place be great in the dry

Jan 26, 2023
England
Any body in the North Yorkshire area this is an excellent loop with a bit of everything. Double track, single track, big climbs and some good descents .
Strava link in the description if you fancy it.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Any body in the North Yorkshire area this is an excellent loop with a bit of everything. Double track, single track, big climbs and some good descents .
Strava link in the description if you fancy it.

You’d enjoy some of the group rides with @The Hodge & @The EMF. Organised all year round covering Northumberland, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorks Moors, similar rides to what you have done in your video 👊🏽

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles