LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm pretty annoyed with this I've been trying to dial in my night footage, but something went wrong with this footage... It took a few hours of tools to try to clean it up and not introduce too much crap from the tools.

It was a slick night, but I'm always amazed at how much traction these fat bikes with studs get. The front does wash out a few times but nothing too bad.

It is the same trail but in the daylight with fresh snow

Using Gyroflow and Telemetry Overlay --- poor computer spent a few hours rendering both of them.

Prairie Dog

Subscriber
Mar 25, 2021
Alberta, Canada
I rode the Norco BF along the Pines single after several freeze and thaw cycles which left much of the trail looking a bit sketchy particularly the off-camber segments. There is still snowpack but what remains is a far cry from the condition it was in a little over a week ago. It’s been such a bizarre winter season up to this point and it will be hard to predict what this month has in store for us.

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
Just getting use to my first e-mtb.... had it a few weeks now and my non-emtb hasn't had an outing since.
I thought I'd risk posting one of my rides. Last Sunday our son was racing in the Gorrick Brass Monkeys Round 3 race at Minley (army land). We went to watch and support. I went back today to ride a couple of laps of the race course. Very enjoyable and riding well (the trails not me). No spectacular features but just a nice route. The video shows just a few bits of the course.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Just getting use to my first e-mtb.... had it a few weeks now and my non-emtb hasn't had an outing since.
I thought I'd risk posting one of my rides. Last Sunday our son was racing in the Gorrick Brass Monkeys Round 3 race at Minley (army land). We went to watch and support. I went back today to ride a couple of laps of the race course. Very enjoyable and riding well (the trails not me). No spectacular features but just a nice route. The video shows just a few bits of the course.
Looks a great place to ride to me, great video, great riding too pal.

Last edited:

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
Looks a great place to ride to me, is it just for army personel or is it open to the public, great video, great riding too pal.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Where I live is in the middle of lots of Army training land.... Minley (in the video) Porridgepot (G2), Tunnel Hill, D1 and D2 army test tracks, Ash Ranges, Long Valley. Some are open to the public all of the time - Minley for instance... and others are sometimes closed to the public. It changes all the time with the restricted ones but you can look on the MOD website for opening times. With the ones open to the public you have to co-exist with the army training and keep out of their way. My personal experience has always been very good and today was an example where I came across them a few times but they were friendly and gave me space. However, I take the view that they are there Working, I'm there Playing.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks, I appreciate it. Where I live is in the middle of lots of Army training land.... Minley (in the video) Porridgepot (G2), Tunnel Hill, D1 and D2 army test tracks, Ash Ranges, Long Valley. Some are open to the public all of the time - Minley for instance... and others are sometimes closed to the public. It changes all the time with the restricted ones but you can look on the MOD website for opening times. With the ones open to the public you have to co-exist with the army training and keep out of their way. My personal experience has always been very good and today was an example where I came across them a few times but they were friendly and gave me space. However, I take the view that they are there Working, I'm there Playing.
Sorry mate but I just checked where it is, I sort of thought it was closer to where I live, oh well :( thanks anyway for your reply though 🙏

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Home trails in Germany (Kleve). On my Canyon Torque during sunset. The trails are short But still fun. you get enough height meters when you combine all the small sections ;-)

Used a GoPro 12. Only the Chest Mount was not mounted well enough. The footage is not that stable 😇

Home trails. Now on my Spectral ON CFR LTD.

Last edited:

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
Home trails in Germany (Kleve). On my Canyon Torque during sunset. The trails are short But still fun. you get enough height meters when you combine all the small sections ;-)

Used a GoPro 12. Only the Chest Mount was not mounted well enough. The footage is not that stable 😇

Home trails. Now on my Spectral ON CFR LTD.
I don't know what chest mount you are using but I can recommend the Stuntman Chest Mount. It used to be available through Amazon but not sure if that's still the case. They do a variety of fixing as well. It's a very sturdy mount.
Stuntman Chest Mount

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Thanks for the suggestion.... The GoPro one is working fine fore me. This was a user error. Friend of mine did use it before. And I did not strap it tied enough. So GoPro was wiggling a bit ;-)

MasterDabber

Aug 18, 2023
Surrey
I'm not planning to regularly post videos of my rides as I'm not a great rider, I don't do spectacular jumps etc, etc and most of my rides are local to me in southern England... not North Shore, The Alps.
However, I thought I'd post my ride from today as it illustrates the type of ride I was imagining when I first thought about getting an e-mtb towards the backend of 2023. As a 76 year old I was starting to find climbing more and more of a chore. I could still manage it but it was starting to limit what I chose to ride. So today's ride was climb, descend and repeat over at Tunnel Hill (Army training land near Pirbright).

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
Hey there, I liv in deepcut might be good to meet up one day?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles