LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
As said above I just wear them for a small amount of protection for when I fall. I would prefer not to wear them like you @Gary I wear the thinnest I can find but no justification is needed either way…. Just swapping notes.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Edit: some humans here have strange capabilities that render them ‘sweatless’...when your in this special god like 1%, grip is unchallenged, those hands remain drier than a camels ass no matter what and gloves are a mere hinderance pah!

Sadly.....I started gloveless but now with gloves my fingers don’t feel like I’m holding onto sram buttered handlebars anymore, weird!

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
OK so Day 3 is now up, may take a while to show in decent 4k, Day 4 is in process now.
My body is properly fubarred but its been the best week of work ever.
Had some issues with my editing software and it decided that it didn't want to speed things up anymore or for me to put in any text? so apologies for a 2 parter

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
OK so Day 3 is now up, may take a while to show in decent 4k, Day 4 is in process now.
My body is properly fubarred but its been the best week of work ever.
Had some issues with my editing software and it decided that it didn't want to speed things up anymore or for me to put in any text? so apologies for a 2 parter

i'm lucky enough to have Cwmcarn a 20 minute drive from home. Both Cafall and Twrch are awesome tracks which I ride regularly. Great footage.
The descent on Twrch (angels post) is a killer on the legs as you pump through the long section. I'm always in admiration of people doing the Cafall climb on analogue bikes, it's a long slog.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
i'm lucky enough to have Cwmcarn a 20 minute drive from home. Both Cafall and Twrch are awesome tracks which I ride regularly. Great footage.
The descent on Twrch (angels post) is a killer on the legs as you pump through the long section. I'm always in admiration of people doing the Cafall climb on analogue bikes, it's a long slog.
Yeah that decent certainly pumps the legs lol
Lucky for you to have it so close. I hated the place on a analogue, I did it just before I got my Heckler on my HT. Great fun down but the climb ruins the fun.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Dentdale: The Directors Cut

Starring...

@The Hodge and @drewbirks

Co-Starring...

@Jackware and @Tonybro

Filmed in Dentvision

Four old(ish) men go rambling about the Yorkshire Dales on e-MTBs, catching the highest station in England (Dent according to The Hodge!), watching a steam train not stop at a station (Ribblehead) and dodging 500 charity walkers doing a great thing for the Alzheimers charities!

Yes, they smelt of sheep sh!t at the end but camaraderie got them through the adventure that was, DENTDALE!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Great little vid ..but very sneaky in places ..I hadnt realised you were filming half of that !?..
I thought I was the only one who talked to sheep ..quite a revelation to find Im not !
Well done Tony ..
Edit : moving time was 3hr.10mins with an average speed of 7.9mph.

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Caught myself screaming like a baby on camera earlier as I messed up a landing on a simple tabletop. Quite an impact, winded like crazy. Took a blow to my ribs and my wrist is all messed up. Somehow the front wheel slipped on landing, not sure what went wrong

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Mmmm its as though you preempted the fall with perfect camera position im no expert so cant comment on what went wrong but hope your ok

cheers dude. I’ll live! Just a dented pride, new brake lever required and smashed my phone screen in my pocket! Putting the bikes on & off the rack and driving home was the worst pain!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Heh @BAMBAMODA , I read your constructive criticism but it seems to have disappeared , and you’re right. I’ve done this tabletop line (3 in a row) a hundred times with no issues , but yesterday I was just warming up, been there literally ten minutes and it all went wrong. I comfortably clear the first two jumps but usually case the third, so was trying more speed, but it put me out of my comfort zone and BANG, floored

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
First of all ..feeling your pain and hope you heal well..ouch!!
Without being able to see..you probably landed right in the middle of the depression and washed out..you didnt look to be doing too much wrong ..but as with Slymobi.. Im no expert either..
Get well soon ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
First of all ..feeling your pain and hope you heal well..ouch!!
Without being able to see..you probably landed right in the middle of the depression and washed out..you didnt look to be doing too much wrong ..but as with Slymobi.. Im no expert either..
Get well soon ..

Cheers Hodgie, feeling pretty damn sore now to be fair, silly me

Took a camera there yesterday so we could look at technique in slow motion and see how it could be improved, didn’t expect to be floored in the first ten minutes though! Should have warmed up properly and relaxed more, too rigid & stiff. Feeling even more stiff now ha!

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Cheers Hodgie, feeling pretty damn sore now to be fair, silly me

Took a camera there yesterday so we could look at technique in slow motion and see how it could be improved, didn’t expect to be floored in the first ten minutes though! Should have warmed up properly and relaxed more, too rigid & stiff. Feeling even more stiff now ha!
The good news is..... definitely room for improvement

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Any landing you get to use the equipment again is a success! Looked to me like a racing incident...just one of those things. Maybe landed a bit long, big compression on the front pitching your weight forward & washing the front out to the right on a loose surface, the sort of jump you get right 99/100 times & this was just your turn to eat dirt.

Next time, guarantee success by shouting 'Watch this!' before taking off. ?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Caught myself screaming like a baby on camera earlier as I messed up a landing on a simple tabletop. Quite an impact, winded like crazy. Took a blow to my ribs and my wrist is all messed up. Somehow the front wheel slipped on landing, not sure what went wrong

absolutely cracking vid clip. just reminds me of myself going down....
like a sack of spuds. Nothing graceful about it. Though I have to say the clip made me laugh out loud. don't do yourself too much damage you're a valued forum member?

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
absoultely cracking vid clip. just reminds me of myself going down....
like a sack spuds. Nothing graceful about it. Though I have to say the clip made me laugh out loud. don't do yourself too much damage you're a valued forum member?

It made me laugh too, hence why I posted it. And thanks ???

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Glentress was designed with great ambulance and air ambulance access to both of the main jump areas of the forest.
Good to know. Is it worth pre-booking a disco bus for my trip next month or do they have plenty?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
summer weekends they're more regular than the local bus service ;)

When are you coming up?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles