Let's see your cubes

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
That doesn't look like Holland, not very English either. Looks distinctly Aplsish! Where is that?
Is that the 140 or 160 version?
I live in Austria in a place called Alpbach but I am English, the photo was taken today up a local mountain and its a 160

Last edited:

Rui Rodrigues

Apr 18, 2020
Luxembourg
Hi Forum, Sydney Australia here......week 2 of owning my 2019 Cube (built 2018) Stereo Hybrid 140 SL 500 and apart from having my first fall while descending a set of stairs (yep, stairs!!!), I'm loving it. My rear brake has had new pads by the previous owner but was not bled correctly and when I applied the brakes evenly descending, the rear brake lever came back to the bar with nothing happening at the caliper.....front brake locked up between stairs and over the bars I went! Lost quite a bit of skin in some unfortunate places and bruised a couple of ribs.......skin repairing but ribs still sore....wanted to ride today but thinking tomorrow is a better bet. Best,Grant

View attachment 28227

View attachment 28228
Hi Grant,
I love the short rear mudguard! Is it the same as in the front? How come I didn’t think of that? ??

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Got 38.5 miles done today. This bike is brilliant!
9C75043B-6FCD-44B2-808C-ED79E4A940AB.jpeg

GrantCube

Mar 26, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi Grant,
I love the short rear mudguard! Is it the same as in the front? How come I didn’t think of that? ??
Hi Rui,
thanks and yes, it is the same mudguard front and back......easier to remember which is which that way! ;) Effectiveness is only so/so but keeps the stray muck from eyes and face and limits amount of wet crap that goes into the suspension mounts and back of motor.

GrantCube

Mar 26, 2020
Sydney, Australia
So here is the thing........when I bought this bike, the original owner had installed a badass box, I have drawn a ring around it in the attached photo, and as I had no emtb experience, I left it on the bike and found that I was riding everywhere very quickly, no, I mean really quickly........60km/h on the roads.
I didn't mind so much but I began to feel like I wasn't riding a bike but more having a moped experience and I wasn't really in love with the bike........weird huh? Can't really explain it but like there was no challenge to anything I was doing....not so much on trails but even then to some degree.
Anyway, yesterday I went on some new trails and found one really aggressive rock garden and after I passed through it, I felt like i was riding in knee deep wet concrete...........Yep, badass box knocked off and no signal being read by the sender unit as the magnet was now in the wrong place. I panicked and hunted everywhere for the stupid box but to no avail so I reset the magnet and rode the rest of the afternoon and you know what? I found I owned a different bike and one that I really enjoyed! Gear changes have more meaning, I actually get to work out on the commute to and from the trails and the bike just feels like new........please don't ask me to explain that though.
So now I laugh about the stupid lost badass box and really enjoy my bike again!

Good result!
Best
Grant
20200331_122319 (2)_LI.jpg

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
I almost thought this was a repeat post from MitchF. These Chbe TM's are getting pretty popular. Nice to see you got the 160 version with the 27.5 wheels.

Thanks Akiwi ?

Very similar to MitchF, even down to the invisiframe it looks like ?

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
Is there an Invisiframe kit for the cube 160 models now? When I looked last year there wasn't anything so I had to make my own pieces. Was a real fiddle
Yes, they are available now in each size - fitted mine about four weeks ago and is the 20” size ?

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Thanks Akiwi ?

Very similar to MitchF, even down to the invisiframe it looks like ?
Yep, invisiframe, black grips didn’t like the orange. Bergtec pedals and a Fabric Scoop seat. Job done , just got n from 22mls, it’s awesome

Last edited:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Hi, I hope you don’t mind me asking but I was considering getting one of these and wondered how your getting on with it? The only that im cautious about is the lack of the integrated speed sensor.
I have been running with the spoke speed sensor for about 7000km now and never had a problem with it.
The integrated ones look a little nicer and there is less chance of them being moved out of allignment or in worst case falling off, however on my last Cube and this new one they are screwed on so tight that they have never budged. Put a spare one in your toolkit for peace of mind!

Last edited:

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Riding e-bike´s for about 2yers. Just once the magnet rotate in a crash. I put it back in position and resume ride with no problem (more damages in the rider than in the bike :sick:)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles