Let’s talk about PERFORMANCE ebikes

Barely any teams entered for EWS-E this year! Only 4 teams so far..

EWS-E Teams

E-Team Moustache Bikes: Jerome Gilloux, Olivier Giordenango, Diego Giordenango, Kenny Muller
Husqvarna E-Bicycles Racing: Alex Fayolle
Miranda Factory Team: Emanuel Pombo, Tiago Ladeira, Nuno Reis
Tribe Rocky Mountain Power Play: Levy Batista, Irenee Menjou
Noo, no GLP 2? One of my favourite bikes! Is it still possible for more teams to join?

I would have thought / hoped that many of the EWS riders will also compete in the EWS-E also. Maybe the EWS-E teams are exclusive teams and the others will field competitors in both events?
I have no clue about that, have only followed a couple of events but was hoping to watch every event this year (if there will be any).

EDIT: According to EWS-E Valberg EWS E-Series EWS E there are about 35 participants (both male and female riders) in EWS-E in Valberg in June.
EDIT again: Maybe they are not all pro riders?

Last edited:

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
I'm certainly looking forward to EWS-E, if only to see Gary show everyone how its done...

Having heard directly from EWS top brass on their plans for EWS-E, I'm fairly certain that they view it as a big part of racing in the future. At the time they were still exploring how it would work, and with Chris's experience and now having Ruaridh on board I'm sure there'll be tweaks and adjustments to get the format right. I'm sure regulating motors was very much not on their radar as they were keen to avoid stifling innovation.

That said, I've been looking closely at the video thats out there about Power Stages, and it looks like climbing technique and power delivery will be key rather than outright power.

Reactions: EME

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles