Milton Keynes
fullsizeoutput_b62.jpeg

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
put 216 x 63 rear shock and replace the rear wheel with 650b one.

and a little bit of work on shock eyelet to accommodate flip-chip set up.

Hi,
The shock yoke looks really really close to the front of the seat tube in one of your photos :eek:

I know with the coil shocks on both my Levo’s there is a ‘natural’ sag of about 2 to 3mm due to the weight of the ebike between the yoke and frame which may give you the illusion you have clearance when in fact you don’t and you will only find this out when you are out on the trail and unweight your bike over a drop or jump :oops:

Also, I know this may be a silly question (please don’t take offence) did you fit the rear shock without the spring on it and fully compress the shock to check the frame clearance between the tyre and the back of the seat post and also the clearance between the linkages and back of the seat post?

The only reason for the above concern is it is something I checked and realised my mistake on my first coil shock fitting on my 2017 Levo before I caused some frame damage.

kemp990

Oct 19, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
Hi,
The shock yoke looks really really close to the front of the seat tube in one of your photos :eek:

I know with the coil shocks on both my Levo’s there is a ‘natural’ sag of about 2 to 3mm due to the weight of the ebike between the yoke and frame which may give you the illusion you have clearance when in fact you don’t and you will only find this out when you are out on the trail and unweight your bike over a drop or jump :oops:

Also, I know this may be a silly question (please don’t take offence) did you fit the rear shock without the spring on it and fully compress the shock to check the frame clearance between the tyre and the back of the seat post and also the clearance between the linkages and back of the seat post?

The only reason for the above concern is it is something I checked and realised my mistake on my first coil shock fitting on my 2017 Levo before I caused some frame damage.

Checked the clearance on yoke and front side of seatpost unweighted and even pulled it to check and make sure it doesn't contact each other no matter what.

and also checked tire clearance first with air shock with all the air out (216 x 63) of course.
since ohlins coil has a thicker than a normal rubber bumper it is hard to see if there's any possible contact between yoke and seattube and a rear tire even without spring installed, and all went ok~

with 63mm stroke rear shock on, I checked that 29 inch wheel clearance issue, and found that the rear wheel touched the backside of the seattube, that's why I went for 650b.

It is always safe to check the clearance issue with same speced airshock.

Hope this solve your questions.

BTW the ride feel of this beauty is fantabulous.

SAFE RIDE~

Last edited:

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Checked the clearance on yoke and front side of seatpost unweighted and even pulled it to check and make sure it doesn't contact each other no matter what.

and also checked tire clearance first with air shock with all the air out (216 x 63) of course.
since ohlins coil has a thicker than a normal rubber bumper it is hard to see if there's any possible contact between yoke and seattube and a rear tire even without spring installed, and all went ok~

with 63mm stroke rear shock on, I checked that 29 inch wheel clearance issue, and found that the rear wheel touched the backside of the seattube, that's why I went for 650b.

It is always safe to check the clearance issue with same speced airshock.

Hope this solve your questions.

BTW the ride feel of this beauty is fantabulous.

SAFE RIDE~
Thanks, that is really helpful as I have a Push ElevenSix 216mm x 63mm off my Nomad that I was thinking of putting on my 2019 Levo but was unsure it was going to fit due to frame clearance worries. I know I will still need to check if the shock needs retuning as the Levo has a different leverage ratio to the Nomad. I am running 275’s at the moment so the tyre clearance on the back of the seat post won’t be an issue.
What ‘work’ did you need to do on the flip chip? I have a 210 x 55 Ohlins coil on the 2019 already and didn’t need to modify it in anyway. Did you fit an offset bush in the front eyelet?

kemp990

Oct 19, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
Thanks, that is really helpful as I have a Push ElevenSix 216mm x 63mm off my Nomad that I was thinking of putting on my 2019 Levo but was unsure it was going to fit due to frame clearance worries. I know I will still need to check if the shock needs retuning as the Levo has a different leverage ratio to the Nomad. I am running 275’s at the moment so the tyre clearance on the back of the seat post won’t be an issue.
What ‘work’ did you need to do on the flip chip? I have a 210 x 55 Ohlins coil on the 2019 already and didn’t need to modify it in anyway. Did you fit an offset bush in the front eyelet?

Ohlins TTX 22m eyelet's ID is 16mm and original flipchips OD is a bit smaller, so I had to fabricate kind of offset insert then fit in the flip chip.

and for the upper eyelet, I was basicall aiming for the same offset mounting hardware but unfortunately the shape of ohlins ttx doesn't allow any offset setting...used fox mounting hardware with polymer bushings with a bit of modification since getting 6x22mm with 14mm ttx hardware was extreamly tricky...even so called expert all sent me stx hardwares which has smaller OD than TTX's. so basically no offset for the front.

I have never used elevensix...but should fit if you use flipchip at lower posisiton, the clearance I get from offset insert on yoke side is o/a 1mm only.

kemp990

Oct 19, 2018
Seoul, South Korea

One more thing, please check the elevensix's shaft width, I saw canecreek shaft with 8mm OD broke in half here in emtbforum, and main reason I chose ttx over dhx2 is because ttx has 10mm OD shaft, and DHX2 has 9mm one.

always better safe than sorry, right?

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
One more thing, please check the elevensix's shaft width, I saw canecreek shaft with 8mm OD broke in half here in emtbforum, and main reason I chose ttx over dhx2 is because ttx has 10mm OD shaft, and DHX2 has 9mm one.

always better safe than sorry, right?
Thanks for all the additional info.
For sure, definitely always better to be safe than sorry.
I know about the shaft size issue already thanks. The shaft on the ElevenSix is 12.8mm so all good on the front ?

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
2019 Levo expert
Santa Cruz reserve wheels industry 9 hubs
Sram code RSC brakes ?
Upgraded tyres to 2.6 butcher and hillbilly black diamond casings
Lyric for 160mm
Mudhugger front ( have the new rear rubber and does the job very well)
Burgtec pedals /stem
Eargon grips
(Coil shock next upgrade and I’m done )

35609B0D-1D69-4952-B14C-D0DDC142F3BD.jpeg

cheater

Patreon
May 26, 2019
Reno, NV
My 2nd 2018 Levo. Went from a 2018 to a 2019 and back to a 2018. Super happy with the 2018! Also loving the 29 inch wheels vs the 27.5 that came stock on the bike.

View attachment 13496
What 2019 model did you return? Why did you go back? I went from a 2017 to 2019 and love the changes but have never tried an 18 before so curious now. I do really like how they look.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles