Let’s Be Careful Out There - Cannock Chase Mugging

Dustjunky

Nov 11, 2020
Derby
Dont be put off with the mugging it’s a rare occurrence up at Cannock ..but yes it does happen unfortunately…my only advice would be to carry a very study bike pump that you can use as a club and knock fuck out of them if possible , have fun 👍🚵

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Dont be put off with the mugging it’s a rare occurrence up at Cannock ..but yes it does happen unfortunately…my only advice would be to carry a very study bike pump that you can use as a club and knock fuck out of them if possible 👍
There's always telling them I suffer from some incurable disease that makes your *knob* drop off - not only will touching me infect them, but the bike's also covered in it - that should make them think twice..... and then there's also feigning about to vomit all over them - again, a (potentially) useful couple of seconds.
I was beat up by a bunch of skinheads for my bike and a bit of light entertainment back in the '60's when I was about 8 or 9. It's been festering ever since and I'm now 6'1 and good to go ;)

chris f

Aug 1, 2021
cannock chase United Kingdom
I ride cannock a lot and tbh the amount of bikes we see just left alone out side cafes shops and toilets is unbelievable. If I ride alone I am normally early morning on ebike or after work on my non ebike never leave bikes alone . Normally when on ebike we never ride normal trails and hardly ever see more than a few people

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
I ride cannock a lot and tbh the amount of bikes we see just left alone out side cafes shops and toilets is unbelievable. If I ride alone I am normally early morning on ebike or after work on my non ebike never leave bikes alone . Normally when on ebike we never ride normal trails and hardly ever see more than a few people
Cheers for that - i generally never stop from beginning to end and am planning probably around 10-middayish at which point the scutters will ( probably / hopefully) still be in bed.... and then bear spray 👍

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
I wish my insurance was that cheap :D my home insurance was recently just over £2K but I managed to get it down :D
Goodness me. I live in NZ and my new insurance premiums for: my home ($675,000), contents ( incl Giant Trance +1 pro -($60,000), 2019 Honda Civic RS turbo ($35,000) and 2006 Suzuki Swift ( $5,500) annual premium for them all NZD $2,486. ( 1317 English Pound ) I know that is like comparing apples with oranges, but we think our insurance costs are expensive.

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Goodness me. I live in NZ and my new insurance premiums for: my home ($675,000), contents ( incl Giant Trance +1 pro -($60,000), 2019 Honda Civic RS turbo ($35,000) and 2006 Suzuki Swift ( $5,500) annual premium for them all NZD $2,486. ( 1317 English Pound ) I know that is like comparing apples with oranges, but we think our insurance costs are expensive.
Yeah I just added 2 ebikes and a steam bike to my insurance and it cost an extra 10 bucks a month

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
I'm a Cannock Chase local too, shift worker so generally try to ride in the week where you have the trails to yourself and no crowds, so I haven't seen any trouble. The scutters are mostly out at weekends and evening. Night rides I don't do solo. Hope it never happens to me because I would struggle to just hand a bike over without resistance. Bike theft in the UK became big business over the lockdowns due to the scarcity of new bikes, and the cost of them. Common sense says don't ride alone anywhere and for other reasons than theft, but you can't always do that.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Gutted!! - just been contacted by the nursing home that I was visiting in Wolves, to be informed they are going into lockdown due to 'flu' outbreak, so no point in going to Mids - more importantly not going to the Chase :(
(when did locking down for a flu outbreak become a thing??)

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Besides the typical dangers on the trails, (bears, cougars, insects, snags blah…) I was freaked out when I rode towards a (hiking) group of young men on a rocky decent. This by itself was no need for alarm except …one guy was only wearing shorts(and those were short). No shoes, socks, hat or shirt. Just shorts. I’m no judge but the level of craziness must have been pretty high. I later summarize that he was either an extreme naturalist or lost a bet. 😳
I chuckle to myself when I see poor footwear on our trails …but bare feet 🦶.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles