Let’s Be Careful Out There - Cannock Chase Mugging

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Hats with corks? Nah mate, need this. I kid you not.
...and it's spelt "Sheila".
images%20(4).jpg

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Oh I get that.
Just that the context was Australian.
My children all have Gaelic names.
Dog's called Fionn MacCumhaill.
No Sheelagh's tho.

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Another one...

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Not surprising.
Theft cases have risen over the last couple of months.
Ironically, their are two police station which runs alongside the canal path linking Birmingham to Wolverhampton.
Oldbury Custody have now begun to install new cameras which peers over the canal as well.

Hopefully some good can come from it.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Another mugging yesterday - just posted on facebook

3 guys assaulted a lad and stole his Focus Jam2 :(

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's fucking shit. It's a shame all the internet hardmen weren't there to help.

Have you got a link?

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Just seen this on Cannock FB, I was up there last week late afternoon for a cheeky blast and TBH I only met a few riders, and that was the weekend however Tackaroo did have people camping getting ready for run and ride I think.

I’m no hard man and this could easily happen to me, ive still got a broken collarbone so it’s not like I could even put up much of a fight without getting even more broken.

its such a shame This is even a thing, I’m going to skip ridding here I think, for a solo blast it is convenient for me but I can get to the dizzy apline heights that is shirwood pines just as easy.

I don’t mind the extra 20min to get to Ladybower and the peaks, need to man up on the commitment. If I can find the fuel that is!

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Im going there in a few weeks, looking forward to it. Good luck to the scroats - my riding party is formed of ex forces veterans who are very much still in their prime ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've done a few off piste rides at the Chase and I have to say that if I lived in Cannock I'd still drive to FoD to ride.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Round here even the kids are on 5k bikes, there has been one mugging and l am
surprised there haven't been more, it's easy pickings for the low life thieves, and bikes are not only in high demand, but are almost untraceable.

l was chased by two guys on e scooters in my local park, not sure if they were just trying to keep up, or something more than that.

They probably expected me to max out at 15mph....

Sorry lads, not this time, (thank you turbo mode and Stunlocker)

Last edited:

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Hard to know how to deal with these people, police got into a chase with one, he fell off his motorcycle and died, police driver is up on "Causing death by dangerous driving" charges.

The thieves will be snorting with laughter when they hear this.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
World has gone mad 😢

Went to cannock chase yesterday. Didnt see anyone really on the trails but there were guys riding around the car parks on motorcross bikes in tracksuits with hoodies over their heads, and there was a weirdo guy stood in a bus stop on the way (10am) dressed in a full scary clown face mask and outfit.

Oh and a guy walking a massive furry dog but the dog had luminous green shoes on.

Strange place Cannock.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Mine is secured with a motorcycle lock and chain which weighs around 5kg

They'll need proper tools to get that off, if they've got electric tools there's nothing you can do, but they'll need more than screwdriver hammer or pry bars

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Apparently, 290,000 cycles were stolen in the UK in 2019 and no doubt a much higher figure in reality.

I live in a deprived area of Lancs and cycle theft is fairly common. To such an extent small gangs of youths will casually patrol the back alleys looking for unsecured bikes in the back yards.

I have covered up the branding up on my Cube with reflective tape and joined the National Cycle Database. The permanent security markings can only be removed by damaging the bike, which warns potential buyers (if they are honest) and can also be read by police and PCSO smartphones. No deterrent is 100% but it is just common sense to make it as difficult as possible for these scrotes.

As others have already said pepper spray is illegal in the UK but you can legally buy small canisters that spray a hard-to-remove blue dye.

Hi, don't know if you're still around but many thanks for all this info. It's something I've been 'meaning to get around to but...' - living in Cornwall doesn't feel like any mad rush. Going up to see family in mids next week and fancied a morning out over Cannock Chase. Checked on here, found this thread, thought hhhmmm, maybe not. But, I'm now registered on the database, got the UV Covert marking kit AND taken out insurance with Bikmo - Just need the big knife and attack dog for personal protection whilst out :D - thanks again
(also did the new (to me) manual road bike while I was there - 50% off insurance!!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles