cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Product Image:
Screenshot_20230817-133132.jpg

Product name: Leatt airfit lite
Price paid: £126.99
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: Been after one of these for a while then noticed 24mx had a sale on plus a £10 off voucher on their site.

My Troy Lee 7850 short sleeve is at least 12 years old and the elastic is a bit loose in places. It's been superb though.
6' / 183cm and 14stone 10 pounds / 94kg I went for the l/xl as per their size guide.
Screenshot_20230817-133056.jpg

There are some additional sizing guides in the included booklet, would have been useful to see these before purchase as it appears the back protector is the only part that gets bigger.
IMG_20230817_133242.jpg

Very stretchy so should fit most sizes. Fit is tight once on so shouldn't move around. Shoulder protection feels good, having a plated shoulder this is important to me.
Back protector could be slightly longer, although not 60cm longer as the next size up is. Not too warm. Despite the zip it's still hard to get off once sweaty as was the troylee.
Has slightly less padding in places as the troylee, but the 3df in the important areas feels thicker.
Time will tell if it's a durable as the troylee, the zip being my main area of concern.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have the Leatt and the Troy Lee. Neither is hard to put on or take off if you wear a Heatware Under Armour T underneath!!
I use the Troy Lee for forest trail rides and the Leatt for more stony terrain since it provides significantly better protection. The Troy Lee may have padding in more areas but a lot of it is pretty lightweight.
I have had the Leatt for years and it is really well made. The zip is still fine but I do give it a little silicon lube occassionally (candle wax also works to lubricate and protect from corrosion).

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
I have the Leatt for a couple of years now. Like it very much. Only thing ive changed are the side clips. They are bulky and tend to create a pressure point on the ribs. If you fall on your side the risk of rib fracture or bruising is increased by the clips.
So i removed the clips and replaced with velcro. Feels much better, no more pressure point.

My zipper is also still holding up just fine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles