Latest firmware version / top speed?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Hi, how do I update firmware and what is Blevo?

You can’t update the firmware on your own. Blevo, download it in the App Store. It lets you change the top speed, adjust the assist parameters, and can auto adjust based on your heart rate.

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
I've just swapped over to Blevo (Small payment for it) and ditched Mission Control, Blevo is comprehensive but a great App..definitely recommended :)

micknofear

Sep 11, 2018
UK
Hi all forum looks great
I’m new to emtb purchased a 2017 Levo a couple of months again
Couple of questions

I’ve used LightBlue to change wheel circumference is blevo better or does it do same job

Also I’d like to change chainring
What would you recommend?
Is this just simply changing to a 36T or is there more involved like changing chain etc
Would it improve performance top end, Would battery life suffer
Would it put stress on motor
That’s it for now ?
Look forward to hearing from you
Cheers
Mick

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Hi Mick, Welcome to the forum, haven't used LightBlue myself just Blevo.
Regarding chain rings etc if you do a search then relevant posts will come up :)

Melv

Sep 11, 2018
Bucks
I have been tweaking with settings for a while with z works to try to get the best battery to leg power ratio for my type of riding, do you think the new firmware update will be worth it. I do love updates but don't want to mess up what I have achieved. I test same ride daily going to and from work, this morning was a bit harder but saved 5% battery on a 5.5 mile ride.
As for the comments above I use 36t and have maxed out at 33mph little legs cant go any faster.

micknofear

Sep 11, 2018
UK
Hi Mick, Welcome to the forum, haven't used LightBlue myself just Blevo.
Regarding chain rings etc if you do a search then relevant posts will come up :)
So what are the main advantages of using Blevo
What sort of top end speeds are you achieving and average speeds
I have changed the peramiters already and achieve an average speed of 22 mph on the flat.
Is it worth spending the extra money on the app?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Yes, it’s worth buying the app! It’s not a lot of money, relative to the price of the bike!
You can read about the heart rate feature, as far as top speed, I can easily get 40 kph and a bit more on flat roads. It’s awesome!

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
You can’t update the firmware on your own. Blevo, download it in the App Store. It lets you change the top speed, adjust the assist parameters, and can auto adjust based on your heart rate.

You can not update fw yourself on Levo or Kenevo? Thought you did it with the app. Do you have to take it to the shop for updates?

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Blevo unlocks speed limiter! Wheel circumference stays the same.
In my opinion BLEvo changes wheel circumference. When you use BLEvo you dont see it. But if you change speed limit in BLEvo than turn off BLEvo and turn on Mission Control you will see wheel circumference is changed. I am not sure but I think it is so.

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
Can the dealer update with firmware from another region to get higher top speed? Ie a European update with Canadian firmware?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Can the dealer update with firmware from another region to get higher top speed? Ie a European update with Canadian firmware?

I highly doubt it, as the dealer would be breaking the law. Even the US/Canadian top speed is low, it's 25 mph I believe.
You want no speed limit! Hopefully someone will figure it out on the 2019s.

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
I highly doubt it, as the dealer would be breaking the law. Even the US/Canadian top speed is low, it's 25 mph I believe.
You want no speed limit! Hopefully someone will figure it out on the 2019s.

I have the 2018 and quite sure I can persuade the dealer to flash another firmware if it is possible. I now that I could use Blevo but would prefer not to.

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
I have the 2018 and quite sure I can persuade the dealer to flash another firmware if it is possible. I now that I could use Blevo but would prefer not to.

Up to you of course, but why would you not use BLEvo and remove the limit completely? Or set it to whatever you want?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
I think, because fear of expiration of the warranty
Right... that’s not a worry I have. I build Bluetooth enabled devices for a living. There’s no way anyone can know if you reset it back to default.
No respected bike shop would switch to the N American limits anyway, outside of NA, even if they could.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Right... that’s not a worry I have. I build Bluetooth enabled devices for a living. There’s no way anyone can know if you reset it back to default.
No respected bike shop would switch to the N American limits anyway, outside of NA, even if they could.
I will second that 2017/18 bikes only store a record of present setting they do not store past settings

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles