Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo Motor Firmware Version

GL1

Oct 22, 2020
Golden, Colorado USA
Hey all,

Long shot here but I have a 2018 Kenevo that actually got a new motor. I can see it's a newer "Levo" motor because that's what it says in MC. Anyway, it is showing a firmware version of 7.1.1 which, according to Spec is now an "outdated / bad" firmware version. It says I can update the firmware through MC but it does NOT give me that option. It does on my Levo so I think it's because this is a 2018 Kenevo and may not have that capability (even though the motor is a newer motor.) Anyway, I made an appt at the LBS to get the firmware updated manually / through their software and a hardwire connection. We'll see. Just curious if anyone else has come across this issue.

thumbnail_image0.png
thumbnail_image1.jpg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Identifying as a levo doesnt mean anything - kenevos did that from new in 2018. Afaik the first gen kenevo needs to be updated using a laptop and cable, not the app.

2wheelsahead

Feb 22, 2023
Wrexham
Identifying as a levo doesnt mean anything - kenevos did that from new in 2018. Afaik the first gen kenevo needs to be updated using a laptop and cable, not the app.
Hi Dax,

Will plugging it in improve my power output? Mine is really weak with 7.1.1 on it..nothing like my first kenevo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles