Kenevo SL KSL motor squeak

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Has anyone had an issue with a squeaky motor either when rotating the cranks backwards or forwards when riding. It sounds like a rubber bushing or something on metal. Thoughts?

Moshe

Feb 12, 2020
North Ridgeville, ohio,usa
Rotating them backward, yes. Rotating them forward, no. It is not consistent and it hasn't done it while the bike was at the dealership so I never found out what is causing this noise.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
So took it into the LBS and specialized has sent out the new motor. They’re going to swap it out when they get a chance hopefully over the weekend. They never said what caused it. I think these motors have an ingress issue. I do wash it to get the mud off but I use specialized demo video that describes how to do it. That said I’ve put a few hundred miles on mine this winter alone and it’s Pacific Northwest so it’s always wet here.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
My KSL motor squeaked when I pedaled with assistance turned off from Day 1. LBS tried to say that's normal, and I didn't put up with it - no e-bike should squeak when pedaling without assistance, particularly an SL with a small battery and light weight. Specialized replaced the motor under warranty and (knock on wood) it's been fine since.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
My KSL motor squeaked when I pedaled with assistance turned off from Day 1. LBS tried to say that's normal, and I didn't put up with it - no e-bike should squeak when pedaling without assistance, particularly an SL with a small battery and light weight. Specialized replaced the motor under warranty and (knock on wood) it's been fine since.
Yea they replaced mine, second one did it also, which turned to a harsh grinding and that was replaced with my third since I bought it in Jan of this year. So far so good. But I did convert my stump jumper to electric for wet riding and as a back up. So we will see.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles