Kit bag recommendations

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I'm looking for something compact to carry FF Helmet, shoes, knee pads, waterproofs etc.to the trail centre in an organised manner but not too expensive like some of the "designer" bags you see. I have been using one of those semi rigid boot liners which was just perfect. Unfortunately my new bike with bigger forks and 29" wheels is too big to accommodate it. I'm currently using an IKEA bag but it tends to collapse at the sides allowing things to spill out.

Al

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Two "bags for life" from any of the big supermarkets?

They are big, strong, washable, and when they wear out you can swap them for a brand new one. How cheap is that!
Cheapskate :) Tried that, it suffers from the same problem as the IKEA bag, no support so stuff spills out.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I'm looking for something compact to carry FF Helmet, shoes, knee pads, waterproofs etc.to the trail centre in an organised manner but not too expensive like some of the "designer" bags you see. I have been using one of those semi rigid boot liners which was just perfect. Unfortunately my new bike with bigger forks and 29" wheels is too big to accommodate it. I'm currently using an IKEA bag but it tends to collapse at the sides allowing things to spill out.

Al

Lomo based in Glasgow. They sell their own equipment with no middle-man, so they sell at extremely good prices.
They also have a range of cycle specific luggage such as panniers.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
To be clear I'm looking for something like the boot liner I mentioned with compartments and partitions to organise gear but smaller. I have duffle bags and IKEA bags but I don't find them convenient other than for stuffing wet items into to bring home. I don't want a single compartment duffle.

Al

Errol1098

Jul 8, 2018
Sydney Australia
Mx kit bag ?
second a mx kit bag, I use a fox one and it has compartments for different things, has a pull out mat. I fit my gear and the wife’s in one bag, but you did say you didn’t want expensive, I didn’t think it was but then everyone’s idea of expensive is different?
?

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Seen these but they look a bit on the large size at 82cms long. That's about the same as my boot tidy which won't fit. At least not in a tidy fashion. I'm thinking something about 50cm x 30cm x 35cm.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If you want to spend on a quality bag these are worth every penny !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles