Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo steel chainring, any options?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Kenevo comes with a iron chainring. Is it necessary?
Experiences with aluminum?
1. It lasts as well
2. Only lighter
3. Lower chain wear
4. Just more expensive
5. What else

Baker

Jun 11, 2019
Hayling Island
First thing I did on my levo HT was remove that steel chainring and swap for a aluminium Hope 34t one. I ride 3x a week and both ring and chain are as new still after 2 months. I think those heavy steel rings are why people get through chains so quickly on ebikes. You'll save about 100gm in weight too.

If interested...
For fitting just remove the crank arm, don't worry about the silvery round securing nut. If you undo the chainring bolts you can just wangle if off the spider. When fitting back on a new one, stick the back part of the chainring bolt on with a dab of super glue as you can't get an Alun key behind. Wangle back on, do up the front 4 bolts.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is 34T stock? Sorry for being lazy... know I could look it up
Blimey an antique thread !

32t stock on the one in this thread.

An ally one works for some people and go on for huge distances. There are many threads about them used on levo's, kenevo's and others.

A lot depends on your riding conditions. My ally one shark toothed after about 300km's so switched to a 36t Praxis e-ring (steel).

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I got maybe a month out of an alloy one. Praxis makes a good steel one but the longest lasting is the Wolf Tooth steel

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If price is more important, I seem to remember @wepn accidentally ordered the titanium one - not sure if he ever tried it though. I think it was only $150 or something ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles