Kenevo SL Kenevo SL won't auto shut off

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
My Kenevo SL will not auto shut off. When I turn my bike on and leave it for several hours, it will still be on when I come back. Also when I charge the bike and it reaches 100%, the charger does not turn green and the bike does not shut off. The auto shut off function does not work and I have to manually shut the bike off by pressing the power switch. I was wondering if anyone else has had this same experience?

My bike is two years old, on it's second motor. Total of 2900 miles. I notice the battery health dropped to 90% with 109 charges. I think the battery health dropped at the same time this auto shut off problem started.

Last edited:

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
My local bike shop replaced the TCU for $150 USD and it fixed the auto shut off problem. I did have to pay for the TCU since the bike is out of warranty, it was submitted for a warranty claim and since it was only two months out. I will respond to let everyone know if it was covered or not. I have not ridden the bike yet so can't comment about the battery health. I purchased the bike new on 9/05/21. I am bummed that the battery health is already dropping.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles