Kenevo Alternative

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Whyte E180, Haibike Enduro 10, Niner WFO E9 or Scott Ransom Eride maybe? Rotwild apparently have one as well.

You may need to source a triple clamp fork from somewhere if you’re after a full DH sled approach similar to the Kenevo triple clamp option though.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Loads.
What are the main things about the kenevo you like?
Travel, battery capacity, size, warranty?
I've just bought another vitus e-sommet on the back of great warranty service from wiggle/ crc
630 battery, more than enough travel and the spec is cracking (not just for value either)

MtbWalker

Jul 31, 2021
Wolverhampton
Loads.
What are the main things about the kenevo you like?
Travel, battery capacity, size, warranty?
I've just bought another vitus e-sommet on the back of great warranty service from wiggle/ crc
630 battery, more than enough travel and the spec is cracking (not just for value either)
I like the big travel and the fact it leans towards going downhill. I’d buy one but I’m not paying too money for something with a pants motor.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
The warranty is OK on them, depending on where you buy from.
Just look at the 'my motors fkt' threads, they've all got issues and specialized are probably the biggest co. Out there so you're gonna hear more about them pinging.
There's 4 specialized and 2 shimanos in our group and they've all had issues here and there.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
are there any bikes that are currently available on the market that are Similar to the Kenevo?
Cheers.
Just get a shopping trolley, sit in it and get a friend to give you a push off at the top of the trail. Same effect as Kenevo🤷‍♂️

Huw169

Nov 7, 2021
Hampshire
I was going to get a Kenevo, but went for the Focus Sam2. Not quite the same, but the Focus does everything I need. Mondraker Level looks a good bike but no stock and colour scheme really did not appeal to me.
Also, Whyte e180, but same stock issues.

The voz

Jun 17, 2020
Cornwall
Never had an issue with my kenevo expert had a canyon spectral with shimano motor that pooped itself
but the canyon torque on with 2 batteries 5k looks great value 😂well I say value someone making shed loads off bikes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles