Decathlon Stilus alternative

Jasext

Mar 27, 2020
Swansea Valley
Looking for an alternative as been trying for over a week and still not in stock. Tried emailing but not had a sensible response to be honest, i told them i sit on the pc just before 11 every evening and they cant say when they will have stock.
I'm after a F/S in XL for around the same money.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There isn't really anything comparable to the price of the Decathlon with anything like the level of spec, they really have pulled a rabbit out the hat with the bike at that price point. The only bike I can think of is the Voodoo Zobop, but I would still hold out for the Decathlon over it simply because tis a more up to date bike.

Voodoo Zobop E-Shimano E8000 Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike | Halfords UK

Another option might be finding a 2019 model bike in the sales, e.g this Canyon Neuron On

Neuron:ON AL 5.0

Kme

May 4, 2020
Wirral
Looking for an alternative as been trying for over a week and still not in stock. Tried emailing but not had a sensible response to be honest, i told them i sit on the pc just before 11 every evening and they cant say when they will have stock.
I'm after a F/S in XL for around the same money.
I'm in EXACTLY the same situation, what's more frustrating is they seem to have plenty in stock on the French Decathlon site. :/

Waiting (Im)patiently!

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Quick comparison of the Spec's shows they both have the same motor, display and battery. Main difference looks to be the Stilus is a 150mm Travel 27.5 tyre size bike and the Cube is a shorter 120mm travel suspension 29" tyre bike.

29" tyres can roll better and 27.5 bikes can be more agile turning. Lots of reviews and comparisons on tyre size you can google.

Reactions: Kme

Darkfiber

May 11, 2020
UK
That's definitely a nice looking bike, how does it compare with the Stilus, and do you know what improvements the new Bosch CX has over the one on the Cube?
Sorry for the noob questions!

The cube has the same motor as the stilus, both gen 4

"Drive Unit Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX Generation 4 (75Nm) Cruise (250Watt)"

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
So, not making any promises, but it was Saturday early afternoon 2 weeks ago when they came back in stock for me (in case they regularly add them online Saturdays) and then from then it took a day and a half until I got a delivery slot at 12:30am Sunday night. I stayed up the Saturday till 3am trying to get a slot but it kept saying no more slots, try again in the morning.

Just keep trying good things come to those who wait (well to those who press the back button, click for delivery slot, back button, click for delivery slot, back button...) ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles