Kenevo 1.3 motor ingress protection

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Hi all,

Has anyone come up with some sort of washer/o ring/seal which stops the ingress of water, mud and other debris getting into the sprag clutch or even the motor bearings itself?

I have covered around 800 miles on my 2019 Kenevo now and i guess it'll be needing a new motor soon but touch wood its still fine at the moment, i would just like to know if theres anything that can be done to prevent ingress at all apart from the obvious.

Thanks!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You hooligan !

I'm at 1300 miles on mine and like most people who bought a Kenevo, I've hammered the crap out of it and ridden it virtually every day through the winter. It's been bathed in mud, washed, submerged, bathed in mud again, washed some more ... It should have lovely skin by now.

There doesn't seem to be a "fix" .. yet ... stuffing something in the tiny hole on the right hand side near the rear triangle mount helps stop crap getting into the motor surround - some moto foam/fish tank filter. I've got some kitchen sponge in there at the moment which is less than ideal as it absorbs moisture and need to cut a bit of nice matching blue filter off a pond filter that's sitting around.

Keep in mind that whilst you see lots of fails .. there's considerably more which are still plodding on ..

Which means mine will now fail next week .... :)

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Yeah I mean my motor is literally fine, ridden all winter and a LOT of mud. Just think it's inevitable that it'll need doing one day although I still have about 1.5 years warranty! I do see more fails from the Levos and newer kenevos, I think maybe the 1.3 motor may just be the most durable yet!

I've got a good 100 miles planned for this weekend already now the FoD has started opening back up!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles