Just joined up got myself a new bike.

FrodoBaggins2021

Nov 26, 2021
Massachusetts
So I ordered this bike Ecotric Seagull 1000w about 3 weeks ago, the rear brakes are already howling on me. I am not a mechanic but I've been learning some stuff. Here is the pic all set up.

ebike pic.jpg

FrodoBaggins2021

Nov 26, 2021
Massachusetts
So here is the pic of the rear rotors is this normal? I emailed the manufacturer and they said its fine. But to me this looks like the rotors are to small for the adapter/calipers. The Brake pads are only half way clamping the rotor. Any suggestions. its a 160mm rotor in the back but I am wondering if it would fit a 180 mm rotor.
rear rotors 2.jpg
rear rotors 1.jpg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Is the rear wheel fully pushed into the frame, as it looks like there's some movement possible in your last picture?
Could you remove the washers from between the caliper and adaptor and at the same time see if you can move the caliper forward or backwards slightly to cover more of the rotor?

FrodoBaggins2021

Nov 26, 2021
Massachusetts
Is the rear wheel fully pushed into the frame, as it looks like there's some movement possible in your last picture?
Could you remove the washers from between the caliper and adaptor and at the same time see if you can move the caliper forward or backwards slightly to cover more of the rotor?

The orange circles are for caliper adjustments, and the Green is for adapter adjustment?
I used the orange to adjust the calipers and brake pads, I have not touched the adapters yet.
Circled adapter and caliper washers.jpg

FrodoBaggins2021

Nov 26, 2021
Massachusetts
This is how it came from manufacturer, it looks fine and rides good but the rotors are not fully contacting only half. The front rotors are fully in contact. And the rear brakes are the squeaky ones
20211126_175620.jpg

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Good luck, it will be a full-time job searching support and maintenance for a $1000 "mountain bicycle".

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles