Just joined .. new to eMTB's

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
Been riding for a lifetime (mountain bikes) .. competitively in my youth, now for fun and sight-seeing in my retirement. Liking the idea of an eMTB to keep riding with the local crew while I still have the skill but maybe not the legs/lungs I once had. Realizing I still get a decent workout (looking at my HR monitor) on the eMTB! The competitor in me wants to use the power to just get around the loop faster instead of taking it easy and seeing the sites, lol. Some things never change. I've owned most MTBs you can imagine, even owned a store as a hobby for a couple years. I've been a master mechanic for several brands as well as Chief Engineer in my work so there aren't many questions I can't help with... so pls reach out if you need help. Hoping I can find tips and tricks as I figure out the electronics, lol. Cheers, cp

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Been riding for a lifetime (mountain bikes) .. competitively in my youth, now for fun and sight-seeing in my retirement. Liking the idea of an eMTB to keep riding with the local crew while I still have the skill but maybe not the legs/lungs I once had. Realizing I still get a decent workout (looking at my HR monitor) on the eMTB! The competitor in me wants to use the power to just get around the loop faster instead of taking it easy and seeing the sites, lol. Some things never change. I've owned most MTBs you can imagine, even owned a store as a hobby for a couple years. I've been a master mechanic for several brands as well as Chief Engineer in my work so there aren't many questions I can't help with... so pls reach out if you need help. Hoping I can find tips and tricks as I figure out the electronics, lol. Cheers, cp
Hmmm 🤔, You might come in handy. 👍🏻
Welcome to the forums.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Welcome along, love the bit about wanting to get around your local loop FASTER not EASIER, I think that would some up most the riders on here. Maybe you start out thinking you'll take it easy but once you find out you can fly up a hill at 15-20km/h the easy thing just flies out the window. Looking forward to hearing your observations and contributions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles